BlackBear Performance Tuned 08' Burban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to start tuning my 08 tahoe ls. So far I've put a gibson and looking to having black bear do the res any suggestions on other upgrades, also I Live in southen Cali how would I get some black bear tuning

you can do a cable tune and have him send you a new computer. Works great if they arent coming around for a while. Thats what I did and it works great!

OP
OP
THE YETI

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to start tuning my 08 tahoe ls. So far I've put a gibson and looking to having black bear do the res any suggestions on other upgrades, also I Live in southen Cali how would I get some black bear tuning

just an air intake, NGK TR6 plugs, 160T-stat, and ur done. Simple mods that'll go a long way.

OP
OP
THE YETI

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im not familiar with what that is

air intake = Volant, K&N, AEM, AirAID, etc...

NGKTR6 = spark plugs

160 degree Tstat = 160 degree thermostat (swap your stock one for this)

Tune = Blackbear Performance!

Just some basic small stuff to add a little more pep to your ride!

OP
OP
THE YETI

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NGK plugs? DO you really see a performance gain with those? How about mileage?

I'm sure Jenna or Justin can give more info on that, but I don't think you would notice a "noticeable" difference in just a spark plug, but coupled with a host of other small add ons, I am sure it helps. For less than $2 a plug, it's just an easy item to swap out.

07-fivethree

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. How hard is to change the plugs on these new 5.3's? I know my truck there are 16 plugs, and they can be a ****** to change.

OP
OP
THE YETI

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting. How hard is to change the plugs on these new 5.3's? I know my truck there are 16 plugs, and they can be a ****** to change.

16 plugs on your truck?? holy crap. My 5.3 only has 8, one per cylinder.

7 of my 8 are cake to replace, its the one on the passenger side closest to the firewall that was an absolute ***** to replace!

jee123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got my bb tune in dec...on 2007 tahoe with 22s. man the truck is awesome you'll be cruising and need to pass on the highway, you punch it about halfway and the truck roars and your up to 95 like that..i was super suprised the truck is too fast...lol glad I have brake upgrade..doing suspension next so I can have a nascar chevy..lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dlshort21