BlackBear Performance Tuned 08' Burban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been really busy so I haven't had the time to post an update, but...

We had my wife's burban tuned by Justin in person at the Charlotte Tune a few weekends ago. Let me start of by saying that I did not expect this much from a simple tune. I am thoroughly impressed with how much more responsive and quicker the burban is to shift through the gears now!

Even my wife was shocked! She said it has taken her a bit of getting used to because the throttle is so responsive that the burban just wants to get up and go! She smiles from ear to ear driving it, it's quite the thrill.

Anyhow, I got to drive it on Monday when we went out to do some last minute Xmas shopping. We live out in a rural part of NC, so there are alot of 2 lane roads with 50mph limits. For some reason, people like to do 40mph on them, so we need to pass when allowed. My wife yelled at me a couple of times because I just couldn't stop passing people, lol. Just cruising and them hitting the throttle... it just takes off! Amazing that those 24s can scoot so quick with this tune. Now I gotta get those brakes on to stop this beast as quick as it takes off!

Would just like to give thanks to Justin for taking the time to tune our Suburban. I am a Blackbear customer for life! As soon as the crew cab gets sold, we'll be calling on Justin to tune the new ride as well!

:Handshake:

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Good eview.... I need to stop procastinating and get one.

yukon07Artic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man your success story really makes me want to get a bbtune. They are coming over to atlanta so maybe ill get my corsa exhaust done before the tuning. Modded, im surprised that you haven't got your tune yet.

OP
OP
THE YETI

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
man your success story really makes me want to get a bbtune. They are coming over to atlanta so maybe ill get my corsa exhaust done before the tuning. Modded, im surprised that you haven't got your tune yet.

i HIGHLY recommend it. I was blown away by the difference between stock tune and the Blackbear tune on this Burban.

curly

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good eview.... I need to stop procastinating and get one.

Me too...... it is amazing what a good tune can do for a vehicle. We had a local guy dyno tune our TBSS and it was a night and day difference.

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
ill be getting mine done when they come to GA in March

OP
OP
THE YETI

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad you are enjoying the Burb Robbie!

ha, I do, when she lets me drive it!

Although I did get a chance to "pass" in the passing zone yesterday. It's still quite a thrill!

localceleb85

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Need help tuning

I want to start tuning my 08 tahoe ls. So far I've put a gibson and looking to having black bear do the res any suggestions on other upgrades, also I Live in southen Cali how would I get some black bear tuning

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz