BlackBear performance wait times.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdtech88x

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
long time reader first time poster here. I recently overhauled the 5.3 LMG in my wifes '14 tahoe. it ate #7 lifter and cam. cam bearings. and to top it off #7 cylinder was scored. so it had to be bored 30 over. crank polished and completely overhauled. (John Deere mechanic by trade so I did it all myself.)

right now i just have the old AFM valley cover plugged in to the harness laying on top of the engine so it will run smoothly but it won't be driven like that. I am waiting to get a tune back from blackbear. what is the normal wait times these days? I sent stock files in on 1/30.

I am not in a huge hurry since its finally running and was sitting engineless for 4 months. just curious what others have experienced.

thanks.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
long time reader first time poster here. I recently overhauled the 5.3 LMG in my wifes '14 tahoe. it ate #7 lifter and cam. cam bearings. and to top it off #7 cylinder was scored. so it had to be bored 30 over. crank polished and completely overhauled. (John Deere mechanic by trade so I did it all myself.)

right now i just have the old AFM valley cover plugged in to the harness laying on top of the engine so it will run smoothly but it won't be driven like that. I am waiting to get a tune back from blackbear. what is the normal wait times these days? I sent stock files in on 1/30.

I am not in a huge hurry since its finally running and was sitting engineless for 4 months. just curious what others have experienced.

thanks.
1st tune paid wait time is usually 7-14 days at least that's what it has been in the past, future changes to said tune can take longer

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score

thanks.
PM me your name and I would be happy to check the status of your tune.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts