Black Betty 2018 Z71 Silverado....build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Planning on getting stuck? ;)
no, but IF I do it's likely to be where no tow truck is going to go and the grip boards can be deployed quickly, the tow hitch shackle or bumper mounted shackles or similar are required for club runs "no tow balls"

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you considered those ****** ropes, they've got a lot of give like the manila lines we used to tie ships to the pier with, only better.

View attachment 359984

Now that's funny, B-U-B-B-A is outlawed???
I saw those but the straps are more compact and are "tree savers". straps around a tree will do less damage than a rope or cable and there not allowed on a club run
I was watching some video's of some of the runs and in one place in particular they drilled a shackle into a large boulder because people were damaging the surrounding tree's
these clubs work with BLM and forest management to keep the off-road trails open for public use and not destroy everything, certain clubs will adopt a trail and maintain it so it can remain open.

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw those but the straps are more compact and are "tree savers". straps around a tree will do less damage than a rope or cable and there not allowed on a club run
I was watching some video's of some of the runs and in one place in particular they drilled a shackle into a large boulder because people were damaging the surrounding tree's
these clubs work with BLM and forest management to keep the off-road trails open for public use and not destroy everything, certain clubs will adopt a trail and maintain it so it can remain open.
Those hook up vehicle to vehicle, no trees and they don't snap like the ones we normally use.

I have this for when we play in the woods:

1641685942077.png

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ordered more stuff a s-n-a-t-c-h block (doubles the winch capacity) and a air hose kit since I have a built in air compressor I can just connect to the outlet by the license plate and air up anywhere
4wd4.JPG

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve had my eye on these. Look forward to seeing them installed and your thoughts on them.
ya I was just sitting here thinking today "I wonder if anyone makes a d-ring adapter" and walla they came right up on a simple search RC seems to be the only one that makes them I didn't see anything else out there, read some reviews and didn't see anything negative so i figured why not.
I have been looking around at other hardware for mounting the hi-lift jack and maybe a shovel or ax and the best deal seem to be the builtright industries bedside rack, looks easy enough to just throw on when I need it and take it off when I don't it just mounts to the factory tie down locations if I get the full kit it's the best deal I only need one side for now just to keep stuff from flopping around in the bed I tend to have a heavy foot I don't need a 25lb piece of metal slamming around the bed
built.JPG

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a onboard air compressor (wireless one standard) for the airlift helper bags and it has a schrader valve port on the rear license plate, I figured I could make a air hose to air back up after a off road run and not have to carry a air compressor around, well it works sort of I tried it on a couple of the kids bike tires just as a test and the end result was the air compressor overheated on me and it has to sit for 25 minutes before it will operate again so.... either I can carry a compressor with me or upgrade the onboard pump there not cheap apparently i will have to call them and see if they sell just the heavy duty pump

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a onboard air compressor (wireless one standard) for the airlift helper bags and it has a schrader valve port on the rear license plate, I figured I could make a air hose to air back up after a off road run and not have to carry a air compressor around, well it works sort of I tried it on a couple of the kids bike tires just as a test and the end result was the air compressor overheated on me and it has to sit for 25 minutes before it will operate again so.... either I can carry a compressor with me or upgrade the onboard pump there not cheap apparently i will have to call them and see if they sell just the heavy duty pump

Don't be a punk: https://www.completeairride.com/pro...8-5-3-6-0-6-2-ls-engine-driven-compressor-kit

Yeah, it's for a Gen3 and 4. I posted it for the idea. I'm sure someone makes a kit for a Gen 5.