Black Betty 2018 Z71 Silverado....build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love mine, did them a year ago. Waiting for the rears to wear out so I can them on the back as well.

The bow tie lights was that a mod? Did you have to custom mount those?
those are a oem option for the 2019-2021, but with a slight modification they fit and work on the 2015-2018
they "might" also work on 2000-2014 with more modification, such as making a hole in the puddle light housing and grinding them down a bit the room inside the mirror housing is less than the 2015+ so it might hit the back of the mirror.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
shops around here won’t install any ‘aftermarket parts’. Bologna.
I don't see why not, doesn't void the warranty unless it had a visible defect that caused something to fail and fitment is identical it just adds 2 quarts extra capacity
if it was something that required modification they wouldn't do it.

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ordered some sound deadener for the doors the front doors on the silverado rattle like hell even from the factory speakers, need to get started on getting all this stuff installed hopefully in about a week or so once this heat wave goes away.dead.JPG

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMG_20200919_143512.jpg This is a bit more work than I anticipated, got the crossovers installed and 6 1/2 driver's, going to put the tweeters up by the mirror triangle once I figured out how one side should go the other side was easy, mounted the crossovers inside the door had to drill holes and more holes to zip tie the wires so they won't get caught in the door stopper, funny the stock bose amp doesn't even put out enough power to fire the tweeters thought maybe something was wrong but hooked them up in the house and all is well just need to get the amps installed and the dash speakers, not really sure what I am doing with the sound proofing but whatever

IMG_20200919_143512.jpg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 258027 This is a bit more work than I anticipated, got the crossovers installed and 6 1/2 driver's, going to put the tweeters up by the mirror triangle once I figured out how one side should go the other side was easy, mounted the crossovers inside the door had to drill holes and more holes to zip tie the wires so they won't get caught in the door stopper, funny the stock bose amp doesn't even put out enough power to fire the tweeters thought maybe something was wrong but hooked them up in the house and all is well just need to get the amps installed and the dash speakers, not really sure what I am doing with the sound proofing but whatever

View attachment 258027
Man that’s a helluva sentence lmao.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667