Black Betty 2018 Z71 Silverado....build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a nice looking Z71. Have fun trying not to spend money...aka budget build....there's already a couple hundred on the table in your first post of instant upgrades. Have fun man!! Excited to see how it comes along once you get ahold of it.
ya I can't wait it will be here later today, it's like having a new toy for Christmas lol, I never buy vehicles this new I always buy at 5yrs old, but I was shopping around and it just got almost out of hand lol, I decided I wanted at least a 2016 but the 2018 could be had for practically the same money so I bit the bullet.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
payments were $530 when I bought the Denali and I paid it off in 2 1/2 years, this one is a little more $637 (or close to it) but the interest rate is way lower, so it should take me approx the same time, I usually make the payment and then pay the same amount again towards the principal doing that also knocks the interest down because it's based on the running balance owed. the higher the balance the more interest you see being accumulated, knock that high balance down and the interest is not as bad, it's still charged at the same rate but on a lower balance, when you make a payment it pays the interest first then whatever is left over is paid on the principal, so if you make a extra payment it goes straight to the principal knocking the balance down faster as if there was no interest at all. same goes for most loans.
Cough cough...$1280 a month...sheesh that’s my house payment! That’s cool that you can do that though.

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cough cough...$1280 a month...sheesh that’s my house payment! That’s cool that you can do that though.
California is expensive my rent is $2460.00, car insurance is high, gas & electric is high, gasoline is more, ugh.. if I made the same money somewhere else I would be doing pretty good.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
California is expensive my rent is $2460.00, car insurance is high, gas & electric is high, gasoline is more, ugh.. if I made the same money somewhere else I would be doing pretty good.

When my wife moved to Florida from New York, she got a job paying the same which resulted in a pay raise because the taxes are less in Florida and living expenses are lower also. Still true today, 20+ years later!

BourbonNcigars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About 20 years ago my wife moved out to Cali for a bit. She told me how much she was making (nice!) then told me her living expenses. I asked her what her second job was.

New truck looks great.

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ordered some trico force wiper blades, looking at the build sheet this has a 150a alternator I can get a 220a oem for the 2500 just wondering if there is any particular reason it wouldn't fit? looking at photos they appear identical

**looking on rockauto the 2500 6.0 can use the 150a kg4 or the 220a kg5 so I don't see why not??

funny these new GM alternators look just like the Mechman's same casing and pressed diodes

Last edited:
OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My first thought as well. It looks lower than a standard 1500 when, AFAIK, the Z71 should be a little higher than the standard 4WD 1500.
yep it's lowered with drop spindles and has the bump stops ground off, the dealer said the guy put some $3500 kit on it he's going to find out from the previous owner which kit it is so if i ever need parts for it etc I can get the right stuff, has a Carven muffler and tip not sure if it's a cat back system or not just yet haven't had a chance to get under it, now I need to ask him what size wheels and tires he was running I can see where it was rubbing in the front some, Has helper bags on the leaf springs not sure if that is a factory option or not the filler port is in one of the license plate bolt holes. sounds alright no drone at all

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345