Black Bear Tune for 2500 with 6.0

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dmayer84

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thinking about getting the Black Bear auto cal for my 2011 2500 6.0 Yukon XLT. Anyone know what kind of performance I might expect to see after?

richschafer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2007 Yukon XL 2500 with the 6.0 and a CAI. I got an AutoCal from Black Bear with an 87-89 tune and a 91 tune. Before the tune, acceleration was sluggish. After the tune, I notice a difference with both tunes, but especially with the 91 (even my wife noticed a difference). I have the old 4-spd tranny and I haven't driven a newer model to know what stock acceleration feels like with the 6-spd. For me, it was well worth the money.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a coworker who wanted me to mod his truck, 2011 2500 6.0 4x4, truck recieved a 6.5" bds high clearence lift, with a 35" tire and wheel combo. we added kooks headers and y pipe, then a magna flow cat back. he complained about shifting and loss of power, so i recommended efi live, and we found black bear by way of this forum. truck now runs better than stock, and has no problem rotating the large tires. BIG THUMBS UP !!!!!!

QUICK EDIT, WE HAD ISSUES WITH THE TUNER ITSELF, at later date when we got closer to CALI, he met up with justin for some help.....super customer service !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomase1269

Latest posts