Bilstein 5100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
05047c58-c74a-4fa1-9d2b-0fad1ccfc32b-jpeg.261374

Yea looks great! If thats at least 2” up front, I am guessing you lifted the back a bit too then?

OP
OP
M

Morales1995

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So
for the roads and driving you describe, i would have no issue suggesting the 5100. other than budget, i would also look at fox, or even king.

i have seen mixed feelings on the 5100, the ring holding the coil mount can have issues, but they also offer a 6112, loaded strut spring combo.

what size wheel does you rig have / that can affect ride quality also...as can tire pressure.
I 33s in mind it’s a PPV so I’m ditching that suspension all together. I’ was leaning more to 5100 after the pictures and yalls input I really do appreciate it especially with the loaded strut part number.

Captain Insaino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys,
Don't forget to do spring isolators/insulators front and rear on higher mileage vehicles as well as an alignment. There's a lot of confusing/conflicting related part# info out there. Best bet is to walk into a dealer with your vin # and get the part numbers if you have any doubt.

OP
OP
M

Morales1995

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys,
Don't forget to do spring isolators/insulators front and rear on higher mileage vehicles as well as an alignment. There's a lot of confusing/conflicting related part# info out there. Best bet is to walk into a dealer with your vin # and get the part numbers if you have any doubt.
What is those parts for? If you don’t mind me asking? The alignment is a given that’s for sure.

OP
OP
M

Morales1995

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a picture of the rears. Mine were pretty worn out. Without them, it's metal on metal. They are fairly cheap.
273622cf-7cb1-455c-91e4-8750cb2a3c35-jpeg.253840
Where did you get yours at? I’m trying to stay within in a budget and I swear I saw those online for 40 a piece or set I can’t remember, just trying to make sure I’m looking at the right part here

OP
OP
M

Morales1995

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figured I may run into the issue I’ll try to find some aftermarket or something I’m gonna be doing new springs and struts so why not
I ended up going to the dealer. Between all the shipping delays and online confusion it was easiest for me. It is rarely a stock item anywhere.[/QUOTE

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
although it isnt the same, but if needed...a piece of heater hose goes a long way in creating an isolator. very old trick, but the factory isolator itself does help maintain additional height

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2