Bilstein 5100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Morales1995

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for 2015 Bilstein part numbers been searching but no luck it’ll be 2.5 in front and 1.5 in the rear thanks everybody!

OP
OP
M

Morales1995

Full Access Member
Reaction score

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the 5100 body has a groove and a ring to set to your desired height (Upto 1.6"), for the front, i cannot see why the 4600 would not work with a spacer...it is a factory replacement.

for the rear, the extended length of the 5100 would be a must in my book.

that said, typically the valving is very similar between the two (iirc), the difference being the 4600 has lifetime warranty, where as the 5100 is a LIMITED lifetime as it is considered an offroad shock due to extended lengths for the application. that is how is was stated to me years ago when dealing with Dodge HD trucks.

Now, the question i raise is this...WHAT ARE YOU INTENDING TO DO WITH THE VEHICLE ? as both of these shocks are stiffer than factory, thus firming the ride. Most will say it rides better, and typically does because they are designed to dampen at higher speeds. if you just wanted a leveled, good riding vehicle...i would research shock choice heavily.

if you pamper the vehicle on rougher road crossings, you may not like the firmness, that is where something like the rancho may be your option as it is adjustable on the vehicle by clicking the valve adjuster (research the ranch 9100 series for dampening adjustments)

OP
OP
M

Morales1995

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the 5100 body has a groove and a ring to set to your desired height (Upto 1.6"), for the front, i cannot see why the 4600 would not work with a spacer...it is a factory replacement.

for the rear, the extended length of the 5100 would be a must in my book.

that said, typically the valving is very similar between the two (iirc), the difference being the 4600 has lifetime warranty, where as the 5100 is a LIMITED lifetime as it is considered an offroad shock due to extended lengths for the application. that is how is was stated to me years ago when dealing with Dodge HD trucks.

Now, the question i raise is this...WHAT ARE YOU INTENDING TO DO WITH THE VEHICLE ? as both of these shocks are stiffer than factory, thus firming the ride. Most will say it rides better, and typically does because they are designed to dampen at higher speeds. if you just wanted a leveled, good riding vehicle...i would research shock choice heavily.

if you pamper the vehicle on rougher road crossings, you may not like the firmness, that is where something like the rancho may be your option as it is adjustable on the vehicle by clicking the valve adjuster (research the ranch 9100 series for dampening adjustments)
Ah that’s the information I need! Negative on the pampering we live in a ****** town with ****** roads and we slow down for no potholes plus we travel on gravel abs unpacked roads all the time because of the inlaws. So I’ll gladly go with the 4600 on the front and 5100 to rear. I was just worried about having to use a shock extended since it’s 2.5 in front and 1.5 in rear. In my other one it really feels like when I hit a bumpy the shock extends all the way (whatever it is called) thank you so much for reaching back man.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i wont disagree with the use of 5100, it may have extended travel (not sure on that), but i see the limiting factor being travel of the suspension system...not just the shock.

is there any travel gained from a level on these due to other parts staying the same...it is limited by the tire size chosen, only the angles change.

https://www.shocksurplus.com/products/bilstein-4600-monotube-gas-oem-shocks-24-238281 <<< this should be similar even for our vehicles.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, see if this loads...it is actually an excel sheet from bilstein. i saved it in a pdf of 2 part numbers for our rigs...the first is the 4600, the other is the 5100.

both appear to be the same length, they havent updated this for the 253253 part number, but the 253260 is listed as a 5100

Attachments

• BILSTEIN Product Sheet January 2016.pdf
    156.3 KB · Views: 11

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne