Bigger fuel tank?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JonTiffany1

Reaction score
I read on another forum where a guy ditched his OEM 26-gallon tank and got a 45-gallon tank installed on his 2003 Yukon. Since then, I haven't been able to find anywhere where such a tank existed. My problem right now is that my 26-gallon tank is filling up from 'E' with 20 gallons, and since most of my driving is city, my MPGs have been anywhere from 10.5-13.5, and I am filling up all the time it seems like (don't worry, I'm due for an oil change, :p). Does anyone have any information for me, regarding either the larger capacity fuel tank OR why my 26-gallon tank has apparently lost 6 gallons somewhere? Thank you!

Jon

El Capitan

Senior Texas Member
Reaction score
I would image a 38 gal suburban fuel tank would work. Haven't ever tried it or seen it done. Do you have an aftermarket fuel pump (oreilly, autozone, napa)? When I had an aftermarket fuel pump I noticed when my fuel light would come on and I would pump gas it would only do 18gal after oem pump with light on I pump about 22-23 gal. (by the way most cars are set-up to have a reserve capacity so unless you drive on E for a few miles you will probably not ever pump 26gal.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokin Denali

Latest posts