Best Way To Re-Attach Door Moldings???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My door moldings have seen better days and the ends on some have come unglued and are hanging in the wind. A few of them could benefit from a fresh coat of paint.

So what product is best to reattach them to the doors? Would RTV work until we get through Christmas?

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My door moldings have seen better days and the ends on some have come unglued and are hanging in the wind. A few of them could benefit from a fresh coat of paint.

So what product is best to reattach them to the doors? Would RTV work until we get through Christmas?
I have had good luck with 3M trim tape.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would get about the same width as the molding, maybe a little smaller. Or buy larger and trim down. The "036xx" series is the Super Strength.
https://www.amazon.com/3M-03609-Sco...words=3609&qid=1606357292&s=automotive&sr=1-9

Not sure if that's appropriate for glass. It's gray in color. On windows I've had issues with dark colored velcro (toll road transponders) soaking up the heat of the sun and the adhesive releasing.

eritzman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have you considered completely removing them?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Erock7625

Reaction score
Just get some trim adhesive, i taped around my edges to avoid getting the glue on the paint and used a popsicle stick to push in and coat the backside of the trim, then use painters tape to hold in place until it dries.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Icyagent