Best way to get these off and cleaned up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Some idiot but these air deflectors on all 4 doors. Gotta get them off and clean off the sticky crap. Recommendations for the process. Have never had to remove these before. Thanks in advance.

Excuse the filth but this is parked at the back of my car port here where I live and work and my 02 Tahoe is parked in front of it. The back is exposed to the outside and the fires here in Oregon have created lots of ash. This is after I have blown it off with air each day. Can't wait to give it a great bath this Monday.

20200912_115643.jpg 20200912_115651.jpg

Never mind the pic of the one attached to front of hood, I know it attaches with screws.

I tried to remove the pic but all it did was move to bottom and made the pic smaller.

20200912_115639.jpg

Last edited:

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The bug deflector is likely just screwed to the underside of the hood., 5 screws. Mine looked (past tense...) the same and was easy to remove.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The bug deflector is likely just screwed to the underside of the hood., 5 screws. Mine looked (past tense...) the same and was easy to remove.

Yea, I just edited my post about the hood one. I know it attaches with screws. Thanks. I tried to delete the pic but it just moved to the bottom and made pic smaller so I explained that too in my edit.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Seems like you could slip piano wire between the door and the visor, closer to the visor, and cut through the adhesive that way.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yea, I knew I could just pull them off or wire them but I was more worried about the adhesive. I am going to attempt that task on Sunday or Monday. Thanks for the info guys. I hate those damn things.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Orange oil is a great non-petroleum solvent that is water soluble. It definitely will not harm the paint or window channel guides. If you can get it at a commercial/janitorial supplies shop, it will be more potent and work much better than the orange oils that you can get at a supermarket. This stuff is really incredible, and the fact that it water soluble, makes the cleanup really simple.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like you could slip piano wire between the door and the visor, closer to the visor, and cut through the adhesive that way.

Now who has piano wire laying around? LOL How about some fishing line? We use Goo Gone to remove the adhesive. Auto Parts store will have these at the check out counter.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.jpg

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Now who has piano wire laying around? LOL How about some fishing line? We use Goo Gone to remove the adhesive. Auto Parts store will have these at the check out counter.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.jpg

Don't they also sell them in dispensing cabinets in ladies bathrooms? :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevensavino