Best Sway Bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
There was a guy on TYF from Peddlers who said the same thing, but I cant verify it because I can't remember his darn user name. He was the one who posted up about the Dodge Energy Challenger he helped build a suspension kit for.

B

Name was DMSMotorsports I think.

mikeb33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rear bar is 20mm and the Eibach upgrade is 35mm.
The front bar is 35mm and the Eibach upgrade is 38mm.
It seems that a new rear bar and some new front bushings and links would make sense.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ Good info there and on this thread. Yeah, not much of an increase in the front unless the material or shape is changed for stiffness.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Yeah the front bar is just a little bigger but it is probablty a bit stiffer tooo.
Therefore I think the proposal of replacing the rear only is still valid in a way!

elbison

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm also interested in the Eibach rear bar, although I wish it wasn't red (black would be better).

I looked up under there to see what exactly I'd be replacing, and how to install a new rear sway bar.

The little bars (links?) that hang down and bolt to the ends look really weak.....do they affect anything, or are they just kind of holding the bar in place?

I have a 1.5" ReadyLift in the front and am running 33" Cooper Zeon LTZs.....I'd like for the Tahoe to feel stiffer out back.

Thanks in advance......I'm new to SUV suspension modification.

mikeb33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny this would come back up today. Yesterday I put this bar on my Denali. Easy to do, even without jacking it up. I've only driven a little since, but it feels more controlled.
I can't recall where I got my figures from. Seeing them side by side, I am not sure the stock one is 20mm either. It seem pretty close to the new one, though the new one is clearly larger, but not by that much. Either way, I like the way it handles, cheap and easy to install. All good.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not only is the bar impoprtant but the links are as well. The thick links will provide much more stability.

B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21 tots hoes Z71