Best places to buy a PPV/SSV?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My '10 PPV was a Federal K9.......no odor what so ever. Guess it really depends the department and the individual assigned to the truck.

Notacop

Reaction score
I'm looking for a PPV or SSV Tahoe with the following specs and wondering what's the best place to look (e.g. Cargurus.com. Govdeals.com):

• Year: 2013 or 2014 (preferably 2014)
  • Color: Black
  • Has concealed police lights and sirens (would rather have them left in than leaving holes everywhere because of removal)
    • Includes center console with buttons and control unit
  • No collisions
  • No spotlight (since it leaves a hole)
  • Non K-9 unit (would likely have a permanent odor)
  • Has storage containers/drawers left intact in the rear
  • From a southern state where rust isn't a problem

I saw a 2013 Tahoe PPV back in November that matched these specs that was going for $14,995 (95k miles). I had asked about the chronometer reading and was told I'd be called back with the info, but got no callback. I followed up a week later and it was sold.

Appreciate the help!

If your willing to give up some of these specs then look at Gaston & Sheehan auctions. They have about 15-20 PPV's per month and some SSV for auction. Its located in Pflugerville, just north of Austin, so about 2-3 hour drive for you. Mine is from there, its a 2013. You will be able to find the year you are looking for, possibly the color, no collisions and easily non K-9.

Police lights, no spotlight and with a center console/storage containers will be difficult to find there.

I have to ask though, if your looking for a 2013/14 in the $15k range, why not just go with a civilian? The options you are looking for will be much easier to find and probably not much more on the wallet.

FrankU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Tahoe did have the front grill mounts for the blue/red lights, I should have ran a CarFax on it. Where ever it was from had red dirt , it's all over it. Plus not one single speck of rust. It was a decent buy. I've had SSV's before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rcarew907