Best places to buy a PPV/SSV?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ggeorgia

Reaction score
I'm looking for a PPV or SSV Tahoe with the following specs and wondering what's the best place to look (e.g. Cargurus.com. Govdeals.com):

• Year: 2013 or 2014 (preferably 2014)
  • Color: Black
  • Has concealed police lights and sirens (would rather have them left in than leaving holes everywhere because of removal)
    • Includes center console with buttons and control unit
  • No collisions
  • No spotlight (since it leaves a hole)
  • Non K-9 unit (would likely have a permanent odor)
  • Has storage containers/drawers left intact in the rear
  • From a southern state where rust isn't a problem

I saw a 2013 Tahoe PPV back in November that matched these specs that was going for $14,995 (95k miles). I had asked about the chronometer reading and was told I'd be called back with the info, but got no callback. I followed up a week later and it was sold.

Appreciate the help!

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a PPV or SSV Tahoe with the following specs and wondering what's the best place to look (e.g. Cargurus.com. Govdeals.com):

• Year: 2013 or 2014 (preferably 2014)
  • Color: Black
  • Has concealed police lights and sirens (would rather have them left in than leaving holes everywhere because of removal)
    • Includes center console with buttons and control unit
  • No collisions
  • No spotlight (since it leaves a hole)
  • Non K-9 unit (would likely have a permanent odor)
  • Has storage containers/drawers left intact in the rear
  • From a southern state where rust isn't a problem

I saw a 2013 Tahoe PPV back in November that matched these specs that was going for $14,995 (95k miles). I had asked about the chronometer reading and was told I'd be called back with the info, but got no callback. I followed up a week later and it was sold.

Appreciate the help!
You can follow the DPS and other Texas state auctions here. You can also back out to a wider range of sellers, even by state.
https://www.publicsurplus.com/sms/l...sorg=&ctxnId=321911114&page=0&sortBy=timeLeft

I’ve bought both of mine this way. One was even a K-9 unit, I’ve noticed no lasting odors. One was all black, the other had a white hood. Neither with spot.

there’s currently a 2014 up for auction, but it is a K-9 unit.

https://www.publicsurplus.com/sms/auction/view?auc=2771864

OP
OP
G

ggeorgia

Reaction score
You can follow the DPS and other Texas state auctions here. You can also back out to a wider range of sellers, even by state.
https://www.publicsurplus.com/sms/l...sorg=&ctxnId=321911114&page=0&sortBy=timeLeft

I’ve bought both of mine this way. One was even a K-9 unit, I’ve noticed no lasting odors. One was all black, the other had a white hood. Neither with spot.

there’s currently a 2014 up for auction, but it is a K-9 unit.

https://www.publicsurplus.com/sms/auction/view?auc=2771864

Thanks for the surplus website tip. I'll keep an eye on that.

Also, good to know about there not being a lasting odor on K-9 units. I'll be more open to them with that in mind.

OP
OP
G

ggeorgia

Reaction score
The urine stains in the back of a cop car won’t be canine.

Yeah, that's another fear of mine :Big Laugh:. Maybe I should focus on finding a former detective PPV/SSV or someone in a department who didn't directly deal with transporting suspects. That 2013 PPV I mentioned seemed to be of this nature (regular vinyl bench, no wall/cage).

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
I saw a nicely equipped SSV when I was shopping that had been a fire dept vehicle, most likely a supervisor. Unfortunately it was a rust belt vehicle, otherwise I’d have taken it.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
DPS doesn't do prisoner transport, so the rear seats may have never been sat in. The "cage" you see from behind is a cargo barrier. Shhh, don't tell anyone. It's more fun that way.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought mine from Asia Motors just outside of Chicago.

I live in Maryland.....did everything via phone calls and txt. I flew out there, Uber'd to them, signed some paperwork and drove it back to Maryland.

Excellent experience, I'd buy from them again without second thought.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345