Best lift kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z1500

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Want to go 4-6" lift. I've lifted many vehicles in my time and am soooo tired of getting it all done and then a year later learning the hard way of the lift's shortcomings. And what really sucks is the 'better' lift is usually only 10% more costs. I would gladly spend a little more to get it right.
I would like to not go too high for too much fender gap, so 6" max.
What's the best that holds all the best steering angles etc.

I think I would like to keep my LTZ mag ride shocks. It seems to me that they go dead soft when you switch into 4lo and I love the hell out of them for that. Also the speed dependent adjustments are great.

Tahoe is already majorly trimmed and running 35's on 2.5/1.5 lift. Have Spoon adjustable rear arms already. https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/stuffed-35-12-5s-with-only-2-5-1-spacer-lift.78188/

00'BlueSteel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d say with the height range you would like to stay in I would go with a BDS. They have 4” and 6” kits, both are offered in a plan kit and coil over conversion kit. I am not sure about keeping your mag ride shocks.....but coil overs would be the cats meow!

Last edited:

09_4WD_YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cognito is one the best out there and the front 4" kit is right at $1,400. I'm still waiting to hear back from them to see if they offer a rear kit to match the front. I had a BDS on my '04 Silvy and it too was quality kit and $1,900 for their 4" kit is not too bad either.

00'BlueSteel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cognito is one the best out there and the front 4" kit is right at $1,400. I'm still waiting to hear back from them to see if they offer a rear kit to match the front. I had a BDS on my '04 Silvy and it too was quality kit and $1,900 for their 4" kit is not too bad either.

Didn’t realize Cognito had a kit smaller than 7” for this year. In light of that I’d say Cognito then BDS. I love my Cognito and couldn’t say enough good things about it.

73impala

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like others have said I'd say cognito. Had one on my silverado before I did the SAS and would have loved one for the tahoe but got the procomp for a killer deal. Next I'd go with FTS but that's just personal preference.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Cognito is great. From the sounds of it, if you want 4-6” go BDS, you won’t be disappointed.

09_4WD_YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only 4" Zone lift I have seen is a level with a body lift.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe