Best CB Radio Install?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a bit of a issue that side tracked me. I'm back on finishing up the CB install. Hopefully my firestick / antenna will be here any day too :)

Here's what I need to figure out. I got the cable for the antenna run through the firewall.

1. I need to find a mounting solution for the antenna connection under the dash (female to female adapter that attaches securely behind console).

2. I need to figure out how to secure the antenna cable to the mount... ground to chassis as well? (link to video describing what I need below).

3. Possibly an additional wire run for a power plug to connect the CB out of sight behind the console. Simple little cigarette lighter plug.

I want the connections hidden but almost resemble factory if somebody looks.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjcoTfTSGtPZ6KBs_Yz1DaPr1DvTFeO7/view?usp=sharing

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll have to get one an SWR Meter :) I don't know why I didn't think of this before. However...

The Body Junction Block, has an option for a cell phone antenna. My truck was no equipped with that option. However, wiring is intact on the C3 (Cell Phone 6 way) connector. I'd like to make a plugin that powers the CB through that circuit. I have factory service manual but cannot find the pin out for that connector.

Does anybody know the pin out for:

- Body Junction Block
- Connector C3 - Cell Phone 6 Way?

I'm certain I can easily obtain the connector just need to know where to populate it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019