Belltech VS McGaughys drop kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B2sdad

Reaction score
Bottomed out ride height sensors? Pulled the wires unplugged from above the frame rail in the back when it was jacked up and the axle drooped?
Haven't done a tremendous amount of troubleshooting, other than adding resisters to all four corners and pulling the fuse for the compressor in the back. Cleared codes with my code reader, disconnected neg terminal (for 24 hours)to no avail?
I am kind of preoccupied with the Service brakes soon message on the dash, but I am looking for direction on how to identify, repair and kill that annoying error in the dash!

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't done a tremendous amount of troubleshooting, other than adding resisters to all four corners and pulling the fuse for the compressor in the back. Cleared codes with my code reader, disconnected neg terminal (for 24 hours)to no avail?
I am kind of preoccupied with the Service brakes soon message on the dash, but I am looking for direction on how to identify, repair and kill that annoying error in the dash!

Check that connector on the top of the frame rail in the back. Check both sides. It's really common for them to get pulled when the suspension is taken apart for lifting or lowering. They often don't get fully unplugged to where the wire is hanging, so it's easily missed.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn’t I read somewhere about a bypass if you get rid of air shocks?

B2sdad

Reaction score
Check that connector on the top of the frame rail in the back. Check both sides. It's really common for them to get pulled when the suspension is taken apart for lifting or lowering. They often don't get fully unplugged to where the wire is hanging, so it's easily missed.

Yes Sir, I will take a look

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn’t I read somewhere about a bypass if you get rid of air shocks?

How are we supposed to know what you read? :p

Just playin. I know what you meant and Albert said he has the resistors. But he also said he has a service brakes warning. I'm betting that either a resistor or it's connection is faulty or that plug connection is loose if it happened right after lowering it.

OP
OP
Paint by Scrappy

Paint by Scrappy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
With that drop, all that's needed for clearancing is to remove the bump stops and their brackets from the frame and maybe the fender mod in the front if it rubs (likely will). Oh- you may have to notch the rear cross member if the panhard bracket hits it.
Good to know. What’s this front fender mod that I’ve heard about. I’m curious to what it is. Lol. Looks like I get to do a little nip tuck here and there. Lol. No biggie for me.

OP
OP
Paint by Scrappy

Paint by Scrappy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A little nip/tuck, indeed. Just enough to be fun!

https://norcaltruck.com/2007-5-2013-chevy-gm-large-fender-mod
Nice. Haha yea done that before on trucks that me and my buddy bagged. Cutoff wheel and an air hammer makes it quick. We also use to weld and panel bond 1/4 rod in the fender lip then cut the lip off. You could ride low and turn into the fender all day long and not worry bout kinking it. Thanks for info man.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rgeurts