Belltech drop w/ autoride and no spacer in the rear? Questions...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ihaveamustang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
KMeloney - what was the outcome w/ this? I have the exact questions and plan to do the drop this weekend. Did you pull the spacer and cut autoride links to 2.75?
Did you trim your bumpstops further? Sounded like you didn't want to have to cut the brackets off (I don't wan to either).

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
due to some trucks having different springs in front rear will vary.

Usually no spacers in rear and 2.5-3 inches from center to center on the rear autoride links truck will have a little rake in rear.

Im doing the trailing arm relocators which makes it sit lower in rear.

OP
OP
KMeloney

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
KMeloney - what was the outcome w/ this? I have the exact questions and plan to do the drop this weekend. Did you pull the spacer and cut autoride links to 2.75?
Did you trim your bumpstops further? Sounded like you didn't want to have to cut the brackets off (I don't wan to either).

Sorry -- Was away most of last week.

I haven't done anything different with this. I've got the spacer IN still, and I have the links set @ 2-3/4". I don't think I'm going to pull the spacer, since it looks perfect to me when the compressor doesn't air up. What I think I'll do it leave the spacer in, and shorten the links even more so that it's always down where I think it's perfect. Right now, it still airs up every now and then...

PACE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had the 3 / 4 kit for a couple years now. I still think the rear is too high so I was searching and found this thread. I may try to cut down my autoride links a bit more... but I was under the truck and I noticed that it's sitting on the bump stops right now just chilling in my garage.

Is that right?

If that's the case I can't go lower unless I cut down or remove the yellow bump stops rights?

EDIT: Also, since it's been a couple years... shorter the links = the lower the rear sits... right?

Last edited:

PACE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a pic from in front of the rear tire looking back on the bump stop and spring.

How can I go lower if it is sitting on the bump stop right now? I have auto ride, I removed the spacer at the time of install.... What am I missing?

picture.jpg

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Here is a pic from in front of the rear tire looking back on the bump stop and spring.

How can I go lower if it is sitting on the bump stop right now? I have auto ride, I removed the spacer at the time of install.... What am I missing?

picture.jpg

you need to cut the bumpstop bracket off the frame. if you look at my escalade build thread you will see how mines cut and I use a 1/2 inch tall bumpstop thats drilled and tapped into frame.

OP
OP
KMeloney

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
EDIT: Also, since it's been a couple years... shorter the links = the lower the rear sits... right?

Essentially, yes. If you're not ever hearing your compressor air up the rear, then cutting the links won't do anything. But, if your truck is airing up, raising the rear higher than you want, then cutting the links shorter will keep that from happening.

ridindirty

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It seems that everybody has different outcomes when installing their drop kit. Im about ready to purchase Tony's Belltech 2/3 kit for my autoride Hoe, but I dont plan to do the install myself. My question then is how in the world to explain all this to the shop guy that will do the install? Are the instructions that come with the kit very user friendly for someone with possibly little to no experience? I read this board all the time trying to understand it and im still confused about spacers in vs out;
cutting this and that, ect.

PACE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you need to cut the bumpstop bracket off the frame. if you look at my escalade build thread you will see how mines cut and I use a 1/2 inch tall bumpstop thats drilled and tapped into frame.

Thanks Tony.... Is it odd that the truck is sitting on the bump stops like that? That means i have no rear suspension right now huh?

So I'm clear, nothing will push the ass down further right now without cutting those off right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DB1337

Latest posts