Belltech drop w/ autoride and no spacer in the rear? Questions...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

emay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pace, if your on the bump stop then you are as low as you can go. You can cut down that bump stop, but you would be better off doing the free travel mod and cut off the entire bump stop bracket, and installing the 1/2 stop Tony mentioned directly to the frame itself in the void created.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Tony.... Is it odd that the truck is sitting on the bump stops like that? That means i have no rear suspension right now huh?

So I'm clear, nothing will push the ass down further right now without cutting those off right?

i put a post up of how much of belltech bumpstop to cut off

PACE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Saw it. I will try to cut them in half and shorten the links and see if that pushes me down further. Is there any disadvantage to the free travel mod?

Last edited:

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
free travel mod just helps ride. Last night went out with my buddys im 210 daves 250 he was in front then my 2 other buddys are about 400 together and had another buddy in back hes about 200 and truck rode so smooth. IM glad i did the rear hardware kit also on mine.

PACE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know it alone doesn't "lower"....but I thought in my case with the fact that it's just sitting on the bump stops, removing them would allow the truck to sit as low as it wants to... In other words, the bump stops are currently preventing the truck from sitting as low as it should........... right?

PACE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cut the bump stops in half and cut down my autoride links to exactly 2.5. They were at about 2.75 prior..... I will take a drive in the morning and we'll see if she settles down further!

2011Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pace-- are you running the bell-tech 2-3/4 drop w/o spacer?

Anyone---i am running this ^ setup 2/4; links @ 3". It seems to be a little harsh in rear. Not bad but..could be better. If i set links at 2 1/2" is that going to lower it more in rear or will it make the ride slightly softer? Softer is what i want, not lower.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
are your guys bumpstops cut?

2011Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are your guys bumpstops cut?

No. i have not been under there yet to see if there hitting . I was J/W cause it seems like the compressor kicks on a little more and longer than it did when it was stock height.

OP
OP
KMeloney

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If i set links at 2 1/2" is that going to lower it more in rear or will it make the ride slightly softer? Softer is what i want, not lower.

In a word, yes. When the compressor goes on, it stiffens the shocks, hurting the ride. If it's raising the truck because of a lot of weight in the back, then the weight usually balances the additional air in the shocks, and the ride doesn't suffer. But when the truck airs up because it thinks the truck is too low, but there's no additional weight in the back, then the shocks become much more stiff. If you can keep from having air put in the shocks, and let the truck ride more on the springs and the softer shocks, the ride is a ton better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bone