Belltech Camber kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

bodymccannx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that last reply Norcal , particularly including the info on the truck with same kit as mine!! Do you recall whether the front was 3" or 4" on that one?

Mark

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I installed the belltech 2 inch spindles. I then added the springs with 1 inch spacer it dropped the truck 1 3/8 in front even with spacer in.

OP
OP
B

bodymccannx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny - kind of figured that would be the case with those Beltech front spacers, as together, they really aren't an inch thick. Guess we'll see how far they lower my truck - every truck's a little different right?!/?

Mark

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
front is not a 1 to 1 ratio. For example .62 inches lower on my strut mod is about 1 inch.

Slap in 1 of the spacers and let her rip lol

WingsAA

CMFIC
Reaction score
Guys, my '07 Burban is currently lowered 2" front with Belltech spindles. I have just ordered a new set of the Arnott struts and plan on going down another 1" (for a total front drop of 3"). Will I need the Belltech camber bushings at the 3" level to get it into alignment? Anyone have any experience to share with this?

Mark

I have the SPC 86350 Bushings still brand new in the boxes. I didn't need them since I didn't go any lower. PM me if you're interested.

SPC Bushings

OP
OP
B

bodymccannx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Front BT Spring install

So-o-o, I installed the BT springs with 2 spacers - the truck came down 1 5/8"!! Way too low and too much rake! I expected with the 2" spindles and these springs to get a 3" total drop in front. I called Belltech (who were Fantastic to deal with btw) - they said "we've never heard of this issue in all the kits like this we've sold". They had another set of "tested" front springs sent out to me, which I again installed - same result, a nearly 1.5 inch drop. Not sure why these springs would be advertised as a 1-2 inch drop when you cannot attain the 1" - if I ever installed these w/o the spacers, my fenders and tires would become very intimate.

I am now back to a 2/3 drop, and considering either the 1" strut relocators or the BT lift/lower shock. (Truck is an autoride, but I already have Arnott front struts with the resistors.

One further - I am NOT interested in an option which would result in a softer ride than the Arnott/Bilsteins I now have; a little stiffer, okay

Any thoughts from the panel??
Mark

Last edited:

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
send me your shocks will be a lot cheaper than mcgaughys relocators and I can do a few different notches in them. Also if pass side is higher i can adjust for that also.

OP
OP
B

bodymccannx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Tony, but I could not be without my truck for that long. I need something I can purchase and have installed.

Mark

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
get the arnott shocks and ship them to me i can mill them them then ship them out.

OP
OP
B

bodymccannx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, to clarify, I already have the Arnotts installed on the truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wildfire

Latest posts