Belltech 2/4 with cornering ride quality...

What's the best rear coil?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Blazed

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
Ok i know this thread died but like i said Ive become really happy with the kit although I will be adding helper bags because I rode in my car five deep yesterday and bottomed out like crazy however when its just me or just me and a buddy i never bottom out anymore... just gonna do helper bags for the heavy days!

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm glad you got it sorted out and you're happy with the results.

OP
OP
Blazed

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
yea thanks to all you guys for the quick replys those first few days really appreciated it

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
First off,
I have had a couple of different drop coils and even though the Belltech 5305 coil rides good, the Pedders rode way better. The Pedders was only a 3" drop though.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@ Modded, did the Pedders coil handle loads better? Meaning did it too bottom out as easily?

@ Blazed..... I am glad you followed up and did NOT let this thread die yet. Have you done the RK2007 kit for the trailing arms and sway bar yet.....any follow ups feedback?

I am running Airlift1000's on a 2 inch drop. They work, but I wished I had gotten a slightly bigger bag for a little more lift. Right now at 35# I only get about a 1/2 inch lift or so.

It does however prevent major sag. Empty it rides a little stiff too. I think when someone goes with dropping their truck they have to start "anticipating" loads. If you are caught off guard and have no air

in the bags you will rub/bottom out. I am still debating if I want to buy a compressor to air up on the go.

OP
OP
Blazed

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
No I haven't got around to it. In Texas it's been like 100+ for a week!

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
@ Modded, did the Pedders coil handle loads better? Meaning did it too bottom out as easily?

@ Blazed..... I am glad you followed up and did NOT let this thread die yet. Have you done the RK2007 kit for the trailing arms and sway bar yet.....any follow ups feedback?

I am running Airlift1000's on a 2 inch drop. They work, but I wished I had gotten a slightly bigger bag for a little more lift. Right now at 35# I only get about a 1/2 inch lift or so.

It does however prevent major sag. Empty it rides a little stiff too. I think when someone goes with dropping their truck they have to start "anticipating" loads. If you are caught off guard and have no air

in the bags you will rub/bottom out. I am still debating if I want to buy a compressor to air up on the go.

Oh yeah the Pedders coils handled loads a good amount better too. When I was dropped on those I literally could not tell I was dropped at all from the way they rode. I don't think I ever bottomed out on them.
The front Pedders coils rode good for two months and then the ride went to absolute ish because it needed a shock swap.
I also have the DJM RK2007 kit. It did not make even the slightest difference in ride but I figured I should leave it on there since it has little resale value.

OP
OP
Blazed

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
Wait modded do you have the djm sway bars as well?

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
No, I don't have DJM sways. Just the end link and trailing arm relocators.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chiefable