Belltech 1.5/2.0 Drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jmat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After much consideration, I decided to lower the front of my truck. Long story short, I had already installed a Belltech 2 inch leveling kit. For a while I was perfectly happy with it but eventually I got the urge to drop the front just a tad to give it something resembling the factory rake minus the horrible wheel well gap. While at the same time maintaining as much clearance as possible. I contacted Tony and he suggested a set of Belltech struts, as far as I understand they are the same struts that are included in his 2/3 drop kit. The beauty of these struts is that they allow you to dial in your desired drop/lift in 1/2 inch increments all the way from -2 to +2 inches! I decided to drop the front 1.5 inches. I had it installed yesterday and I couldn't be happier with the ride and stance. Tony if you're reading this, perhaps you should consider offering these parts as a kit for those of us who would like a more modest drop? I'm attaching a pic, what do you guys think?

picture.jpg

My next exterior mod will likely be a set of 22" TBSS replicas which I'm thinking will work well with the new suspension height.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it looks GREAT.

How does it ride vs. stock now with the struts?

What color TBSS wheels you thinking of?

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
That's how they should come from the factory!

OP
OP
Jmat

Jmat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it looks GREAT.

How does it ride vs. stock now with the struts?

What color TBSS wheels you thinking of?

Thanks Lee, I honestly can't even tell that the front is now lower the ride is exactly the same as before, the only thing I did notice was that the steering felt a bit firmer while maneuvering in parking lots, but that may just be in my head.. I'm thinking of going with either the competition grey TBSS replicas or the chrome. If they were offered in a polished or machined finish, I'd definitely go with either of those.

That's how they should come from the factory!

Totally agree, why so freakin' high? Compared to our trucks, the redesigned Explorer with premium wheels looks lowered from factory.

Last edited:

MACHO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This looks awesome! Seems just like something I would want for my truck

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Last edited:

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
You should do that for the new models as well if my mom gets the new escalade I'd want to lower it 1/2

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
my modified struts for one inch ride a lot better then any aftermarket spring for autoride

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n