Before/ after

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Venom

Reaction score
E711C3ED-E7AD-4F24-A743-2E8AE5636F09.jpeg

Got this truck little over 2 years ago i Was told the frame wasn’t bent from the guy I got it from at the time. He had started putting it back together and stopped, saying he ran out of money and time. Well it was bent and I’m pretty sure that’s why he sold it to me so when I found out it was I didn’t know what to do because I was only 17 at the time and didn’t really have much money but luckily my dad has worked on cars his whole life and knows a thing or 2 so he gave me the choice of fixing it or cutting my losses and parting it out. Well I choose to fix it but like I said I didn’t have a lot of money so he was willing to help but I had to work for it and do mostly all the work except the things that took a mechanical know how. So we tried pulling the frame with machines but that didn’t work. So I still needed a frame and one day my dad is scrolling through Craigslist and found a parted out tahoe that wasn’t far. So we went and looked and eventually I got that truck and frame. So finally I could start disassembling both trucks but it was close to winter and I don’t have a garage or a lift so that made it more challenging but once spring came it was done a couple months later. So after about 5k for a lot of new parts (I can list exactly what has been done) and over 200 labor hours the truck was road worthy. So that took about a year. Then after that registering the truck became A problem because the guy got it from copart and the title was in coparts name and the guy only signed the back of the title, never put it in his name so because of that I couldn’t register the truck or title it. But after a year everything was figured out and I could finally drive it

AA2AC8C3-E502-436D-9EF4-8A0B84981026.jpeg

Last edited:

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s awesome! Lot of work that now you know how to do! Ever get into another GM and you’ll know what exactly what to do when it comes for maintenance! I wish I had that learning experience!

OP
OP
Venom

Venom

Reaction score
Yea it definitely was a great experience showed me a lot of things. I would do it over again if I could

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maybe a little more than i would have taken on at your age but great job. i also had the fact my dad is no gear head nor is he any good with electrical. i just got lucky around 19 when i started to get to know people willing to show me automotive. at 21 i had one of those people pull some strings and got me in a shop where i learned more. my dad was military munitions so ive set fire and or blown more stuff up than fixed lol. well in my younger days atleast.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 228133

Got this truck little over 2 years ago i Was told the frame wasn’t bent from the guy I got it from at the time. He had started putting it back together and stopped, saying he ran out of money and time. Well it was bent and I’m pretty sure that’s why he sold it to me so when I found out it was I didn’t know what to do because I was only 17 at the time and didn’t really have much money but luckily my dad has worked on cars his whole life and knows a thing or 2 so he gave me the choice of fixing it or cutting my losses and parting it out. Well I choose to fix it but like I said I didn’t have a lot of money so he was willing to help but I had to work for it and do mostly all the work except the things that took a mechanical know how. So we tried pulling the frame with machines but that didn’t work. So I still needed a frame and one day my dad is scrolling through Craigslist and found a parted out tahoe that wasn’t far. So we went and looked and eventually I got that truck and frame. So finally I could start disassembling both trucks but it was close to winter and I don’t have a garage or a lift so that made it more challenging but once spring came it was done a couple months later. So after about 5k for a lot of new parts (I can list exactly what has been done) and over 200 labor hours the truck was road worthy. So that took about a year. Then after that registering the truck became A problem because the guy got it from copart and the title was in coparts name and the guy only signed the back of the title, never put it in his name so because of that I couldn’t register the truck or title it. But after a year everything was figured out and I could finally drive it

View attachment 228134
I got scammed on my first car i bought was a total lemon i spend like $6,000 in repairs on it in the 4 years i had it i gave up when the transmission went (I was able to get another 2,000 miles out of it after failure) it was a pain to drive that way but was able to... :(

i got screwed on a Tahoe XFE i bought (title issue)but was able to get my money back on it

I ended up with the hybrid Tahoe
the only work I had done on it was the map sensor and air filter which I did my self..

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645