BDS Lift Kit Delays!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmartin1215

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a BDS lift kit back in the middle of May. It is now the end of July so it has been 10 weeks and I STILL do not have a kit! I asked the salesperson what is going on and all I get is there are boxes waiting to be complete and that they will inquire from production to let me know. I never hear back, so I have been asking the salesperson each week to give me an update and it's always the same update.

If anyone has ordered a BDS kit this year, or last, how long did it take for you to finally get it?

Maybe I am being too impatient, but to spend $4k on something and have nothing to show for it really sucks!

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
No real help, other than to say demand has outpaced their production for some time apparently. I talked with them first of the year and they were predicting 2-3 months delay IIRC. One of the reasons I didn’t use them. I do think their quality is top notch.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a BDS lift kit back in the middle of May. It is now the end of July so it has been 10 weeks and I STILL do not have a kit! I asked the salesperson what is going on and all I get is there are boxes waiting to be complete and that they will inquire from production to let me know. I never hear back, so I have been asking the salesperson each week to give me an update and it's always the same update.

If anyone has ordered a BDS kit this year, or last, how long did it take for you to finally get it?

Maybe I am being too impatient, but to spend $4k on something and have nothing to show for it really sucks!
Waiting for the long struts, they're out of stock on those too at Zone, BDSs little sister company.

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@gmartin1215 Sorry to hear that man, the reality is they are probably waiting on some small oddball part but they aren't going to ship out an incomplete kit.

DesertRat

Reaction score
Order my kit at the end of September last year. Didn't get it until beginning of December I believe. Don't recall exact date. They were waiting on parts. I had a similar experience as far as the communication goes, same answer over and over again. The waiting around definitely sucked, but after installing and living with the kit for 7 months (close to 10k miles), it was worth it.

gnarlyallen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ordered the 4” kit with Fox 2.5 dsc coilovers in March and it took almost 4 months to get it. But damn was it worth it! I did the majority of the work myself with assistance from 2 different friends. It took 3 days being an OK driveway mechanic. The ride quality is amazing and the clearance is higher than I expected.

Attachments

• 20C13758-E049-4CFA-9017-183318C50853.jpeg
    20C13758-E049-4CFA-9017-183318C50853.jpeg
    519.8 KB · Views: 21
  • 3E40B172-6071-4C70-8DB3-681BAC266386.jpeg
    3E40B172-6071-4C70-8DB3-681BAC266386.jpeg
    348.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 0B5E3961-3960-4267-B5D0-AA9FBEF7AEB8.jpeg
    0B5E3961-3960-4267-B5D0-AA9FBEF7AEB8.jpeg
    473.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 63C74BEA-BBE1-41E2-BAFE-38D2035CBAF6.jpeg
    63C74BEA-BBE1-41E2-BAFE-38D2035CBAF6.jpeg
    336.8 KB · Views: 21
OP
OP
gmartin1215

gmartin1215

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, all!

Your comments have eased some of my frustration. I'll keep on being patient with BDS and knowing it could be another month before I get it. Was hoping to get the work done this summer, but is what it is.

@gnarlyallen your rig looks great! It is taller than I would have expected for a 4"! Any settling since then!

findog78

Reaction score
Ditto what size wheels and tires did you use with that 4.5 lift? It's hard to tell in the pictures does the rear sit lower than the front?

gnarlyallen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@gnarlyallen What are the tires and wheels you have on your rig, and what size?
Ditto what size wheels and tires did you use with that 4.5 lift? It's hard to tell in the pictures does the rear sit lower than the front?
Sorry for the slow reply. My company has me working 6 days a week.
Anyhow, the wheels are a 17x9 with a 12mm offset. BDS recommends a 0 offset, but I really like the look of just a little negative offset. Because of that though, I’m rubbing in my wheel wells on the front and I’m going to have to take a grinder to a couple of small places. Oh and they are Vision Se7en wheels. They weren’t available anywhere, but I found them on eBay for $680 for the whole set!! They are my favorite part of the build, next to the Fox remote reservoirs. My tires are a 285/75/17. They are some used Toyo Open Country CT’s, which are technically a commercial tire.
I measured the height the weekend the lift was done and it is 2” higher in the front. I guess that is the “prerunner look” they advertise. If I could reorder it, I’d opt for the extra inch of lift in the rear that was an option. It may have settled a little with the Fox Shox breaking in… I’ll have to re-measure. I’m torn on my thoughts on the “lean.” In the future, I’ll probably lift the rear another inch or two and maybe add some airbags, as I may buy a camper next Spring. And that way I can add onboard air too, for off-roading and general badassery.
I can say that the Tahoe handling is extremely tight (much better than before) and the shocks are soooo plush!! It’s like it had a baby with Grandmas Caddy. And that extends to off-road as well. I had a 2012 Ford Raptor in the past, and this suspension is seriously on that level as far as feel/responsiveness. As a side note, I’m going replace my upper A Arms before too long with a uniball. Maybe Camburg, or even BDS makes some. But with the uniball, you get more useable travel and aftermarket A Arms will handle more abuse, because I know how I drive off-road. Lol
One last thing- Did you order the 4” or 6” lift?? I wanted the 6”, but I have to lift tools and dogs in and out every day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick