Battery size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AirJordan613

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered an X2 Power group 48 AGM battery for my ‘09 Tahoe from batteries plus. Noticed after I got home that they gave me a group 27 battery. I should have double checked before walking out of the store. Before I head back to the store and potentially wait another two weeks to order-in, is there any chance the group 27 will fit? My Tahoe is in the shop at the moment, so I can’t physically check myself yet. TIA.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ordered an X2 Power group 48 AGM battery for my ‘09 Tahoe from batteries plus. Noticed after I got home that they gave me a group 27 battery. I should have double checked before walking out of the store. Before I head back to the store and potentially wait another two weeks to order-in, is there any chance the group 27 will fit? My Tahoe is in the shop at the moment, so I can’t physically check myself yet. TIA.
I think you’re going to find that it’s too tall. A group 27 battery is more than an inch taller than a group 48.

OP
OP
AirJordan613

AirJordan613

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely not with the risk. The footprint would have been almost the same, but the height wasn't worth messing around with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter