Looking at getting a new AGM battery from Les Schwab.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Again, I'm aware. My ONLY question is are the rebranded AGM batteries any better or worse than the recent Mexican Optimas? I'm really trying to be polite, but that's the only question I'm asking, and the only answer I'm asking to hear.
They could easily be the same thing.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The mfr. might say on the sticker, but that would require an in-person inspection. It's been a long time since I bought a battery from anywhere but Wally World, since I've had great success with them, they tend to have competitive or better warranties, cost is less, and there are a million places to get them warrantied. Fresh stock, too, since they have good turnover.

Here are the stickers from my two recently-purchased batteries at Wal-Mart.

Tahoe (the MAXX series) dist. by Clarios:

Tahoe.jpg

Fusion (the best one I could get, the Plus series, 2-year replacement). Made in S Korea, by who it doesn't say:

Fusion.jpg

OP
OP
asand

asand

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• optima.jpg
    optima.jpg
    912.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Premium-AGM_Battery.png
    Premium-AGM_Battery.png
    843.7 KB · Views: 3
OP
OP
asand

asand

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• AGM_Battery.png
    AGM_Battery.png
    843.7 KB · Views: 3
  • everlast AGM.jpg
    everlast AGM.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 3
  • duralast.jpg
    duralast.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 2

SilverSport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
one way to get close to confirming who may make who's batteries is to look at CA/CCA/RA on the batteries you are interested in...if the numbers are identical, many times that mean it is the same maker...

Clarios (not Johnson Controls as they no longer make them and are Clarios now) still makes many of the batteries sold in the ChicagoLand area...Walmart Everstarts and Costco Interstates were Clarios made at least until recently when I purchased for my 2005 GMC Yukon Denali last June...

Bill

OP
OP
asand

asand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't want to, but I picked up the red top 34/78. It was the only side post AGM in stock. Voltage was only 12.2v prior to hooking up. Charged it at 10a overnight and it's floating at 12.8 now. Fingers crossed its a good one.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't want to, but I picked up the red top 34/78. It was the only side post AGM in stock. Voltage was only 12.2v prior to hooking up. Charged it at 10a overnight and it's floating at 12.8 now. Fingers crossed its a good one.
Have fun.

OP
OP
asand

asand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1000001699.jpgInstalled a battery disconnect and checked for parasitic draw. Only 4-5mah (not connected in photo) so it seems ok. I just have to leave the lights off when I parn it, and disconnect the battery when I leave it for 3 weeks at a time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia