Battery/Charging Issues in New Models? 3 dead trucks!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheAgency

Reaction score
Was about to pull the trigger last night on a new well-equipped 2015 LT before we decided to at least check out an LTZ first. The salesman had to go back inside and grab the keys to 3 separate LTZ's after finding each truck was dead!

No interior lights, nothing. Completely dead batteries. Granted, things can get left on in cars on the lot from people playing with unlocked units, but this also included back storage lot models as well. It could just be coincidence, but it did leave me wondering if there was a problem with the LTZ's in the form of some phantom electrical draw or perhaps a bad batch of batteries, etc.

Anyone else experience this? Or experience any problems with your own new Tahoe/Yukon?

NickTahoe15

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I haven't had any issues with mine, and I've played with it quite a bit running on battery.

zolt11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Zero. Nothing like this. Maybe same employee left same thing on in all trucks?

Rbannon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When we were at the dealership the battery was dead on the showroom 15 Yukon. The one we test drove was perfectly fine.

Last edited:

sharper4

Reaction score
If it makes you feel any better, I test drove two Tahoe's (two dealerships too) that had dead batteries.

Ultimately, I bought one that initially had a dead battery for the test drive. Apparently its a lot more common than I expected. I haven't had any issues at all since my purchase though.

TraumaTruck1

Reaction score
I wonder how long they sat without being run? With all of the electronics on these things now, there is always something drawing the batteries. It's possible they have been sitting for a couple of months without a chance to run long enough to recharge the battery.

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All of these new vehicles are going to have dead batteries if they set for any extended period of time. I wouldn't be too overly concerned about that.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was about to pull the trigger last night on a new well-equipped 2015 LT before we decided to at least check out an LTZ first. The salesman had to go back inside and grab the keys to 3 separate LTZ's after finding each truck was dead!

No interior lights, nothing. Completely dead batteries. Granted, things can get left on in cars on the lot from people playing with unlocked units, but this also included back storage lot models as well. It could just be coincidence, but it did leave me wondering if there was a problem with the LTZ's in the form of some phantom electrical draw or perhaps a bad batch of batteries, etc.

Anyone else experience this? Or experience any problems with your own new Tahoe/Yukon?

Hello deadliseven,

I'm sorry you experienced this at the dealership. I appreciate you sharing your feedback regarding the new 15 Tahoe. So that I may formally document this matter and look into this further, would you please send me a PM with your full contact information and the name/location of the dealership?

I look forward to hearing from you,

Jonathan A.
GM Customer Care

OP
OP
TheAgency

TheAgency

Reaction score
Just as a followup to the problem I posted about here, I did receive an email from the salesman at the dealership with the affected Tahoes.

Apparently, those 3 trucks had 3 bad batteries, which were all replaced. I am assuming that those 3 all came from the factory on the same order, which could explain the localized issue....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WHRIII