BAFFLED!!!! Truck won't start.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GandyDancer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello Forum - I am new to the forum and have run into a recent problem with my 03 chevy tahoe Z71. I recently replaced the power steering pump and water pump at the same time. Typical job nothing out of the ordinary. Upon completion the truck would not start. I did not bother anything that would affect ignition at all. I checekd all of the fuses and relays and they were all good, but I can't get a spark from my plugs. The only thing I can think is that when I was doing the work on the truck, I had it pulled 1/4 of the way into the garage with hood up, and it was raining. Rain could have possibly run down into the firewall. Anyone have any inklings on a direction I could go in order to try and fix this issue.

Thanks!

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Does it turn over but not fire up or does the starter not engage at all?

I will assume it is the first, turns over but won't fire up.... if that is the case, check the cam and crank sensors plugs since you were working in that area.

mooman

Reaction score
Start with the basics. Check and ohm the fuses.
Check voltage of the battery.

Does it crank?
Click?
Nothing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwhaleys

Latest posts