Bad water leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brains646

Reaction score
If someone could please help me identify what this fitting is and why would it leak? I had a pretty good stream of water coming from the one on top with the yellow clip this morning.

20170104_055548[1].jpg

aces-n-eights

Reaction score
That's where your coolant goes into the heater core, which is located behind the dash. The fittings there are plastic and i just had to replace them in my '06.

OP
OP
B

Brains646

Reaction score
That's where your coolant goes into the heater core, which is located behind the dash. The fittings there are plastic and i just had to replace them in my '06.

it looked like a very simple issue but since I was on my way on a 100 mile trip and the coolant was hot I just took my car. What is this called technically? I need to look it up and get one.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a heater hose tee. It's listed under heater hose connections at Rock Auto.

OP
OP
B

Brains646

Reaction score
found it at O' reilly. I'll pick one up tonight. Is the removal tool necessary?

AppocAlexx

Darth Appocalexx
Reaction score
Recently had the same issue. I ended up replacing both T connections. One is for the IN and other if for the OUT. Also one is a 90 degree angle the other is a 45 degree if I remember correctly. One white, one black as you can see. There will be 2 pieces per T connection that you will need, so if you replace both fitting you will end up with 4 different parts. They will be the T connection it self and the hose fitting that connects the hose to the T connector. I ended up replacing both T connections and using a simple hose clamp along with extra hose and inline fittings to make the hose longer to reach the T connection since I did not go back to the factory style quick disconnects. I only did this bc I didn't want to have to worry about the o rings in the quick disconnects and although they say quick disconnects they are a PIA to change. There is almost no room back there to get your hands and the tools to disconnect these fittings. Most people as well as myself end up cutting the plastic fittings and then basically breaking them loose from the heater cores and lines to rear heat. Good luck.

OP
OP
B

Brains646

Reaction score
Recently had the same issue. I ended up replacing both T connections. One is for the IN and other if for the OUT. Also one is a 90 degree angle the other is a 45 degree if I remember correctly. One white, one black as you can see. There will be 2 pieces per T connection that you will need, so if you replace both fitting you will end up with 4 different parts. They will be the T connection it self and the hose fitting that connects the hose to the T connector. I ended up replacing both T connections and using a simple hose clamp along with extra hose and inline fittings to make the hose longer to reach the T connection since I did not go back to the factory style quick disconnects. I only did this bc I didn't want to have to worry about the o rings in the quick disconnects and although they say quick disconnects they are a PIA to change. There is almost no room back there to get your hands and the tools to disconnect these fittings. Most people as well as myself end up cutting the plastic fittings and then basically breaking them loose from the heater cores and lines to rear heat. Good luck.

I was wondering if there was something special about these connectors or if this was another over-engineered item. Did you use a standard T?

OP
OP
B

Brains646

Reaction score

what kind of T connector did you use?

AppocAlexx

Darth Appocalexx
Reaction score
They are quick disconnects, you can get them from dealer or get them aftermarket. I have found them on amazon for a few $$ cheapers than the stores, and did not price them at the dealer. The quick disconnects are similar to the fuel connectors but with where these are located are a bit#$ to get the tools back there and actually make them disconnect from the heater core and the aux heater lines. Do a quick google search and you can find the part number for Dorman for both T connectors. If I remember right, the white one is for the IN and the black one is for the OUT. But like I said I would replace both of them while I was back there. They are fairly cheap to replace but a PIA to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
XL Yukon