Bad shake while driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trevor1978

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hi everyone. Just bought a 2007 Yukon Denali. Has the 6.2 and is awd. Having a weird problem and it doesn’t do it all the time. Going down the highway it will start shaking like the tires are out of balance. If you applynthe brakes it feels like the rotors are very badly warped. It did it to me last night. Let it sit for a little while and took it back out in the highway and it was smooth as silk. No shake while driving or when applying the brake. We took it out today, drove 50+miles with no problems. Last 15 miles we noticed it starting again. Any ideas ??

Thanks

Trevor

TxChevyz71

Reaction score
Not sure if the same thing. But my 2016 Yukon Denali just started doing something similar. It was like I was driving over rumble strips. I thought it was my tires, as my tires needed to be replaced. Replaced the tires and it was still doing it. Just took it in this morning, They called it a transmission shudder. says it's gonna take a week.....

This Yukon has 27K miles on it and has never pulled the boat or any type of trailer.

TxChevyz71

Reaction score
Not a torque convertor replacement.... yet. I think they are going to flush it and go thru their routine first.....They called the symptoms "transmission shudder"

Last edited:

TxChevyz71

Reaction score
so what they did was do a fluid flush and replace a filter.

Just got it back, I test drove it with the service advisor and the tech before I signed off on it, and it appears to not have the issue.

They said the torque convertor replacement is the next step but GM will not approve it unless the fluid and filter are changed first. drive it for atleast 400 miles (per GM)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE