Bad o2 or bad cat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crownvic31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trying to figure out why my 2007 escalade is running poor. Rough idle, poor acceleration and horrible MPG.

Did a nice smoke test on the engine and i have zero leaks. Maf sensor is new as of a few months ago. This issue all started a week ago after I replaced the power cable on the battery as it was Corroded.
I am thinking the issue is either o2 sensor or cat. I have zero codes.

Screenshot_20231230_210210_Gallery.jpg

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The upstream O2 activity looks okay, at least for the time being.

Can you show us your short- and long-term fuel trims, both banks, at idle and at 2000 rpm?

What is the MAF reading (in g/s, please) at warm idle?

EDIT: the downstream bank 2 O2 sensor reading is a bit difficult to read since I can't see the whole graph. But by and of itself that O2 sensor wouldn't be the cause of the rough running. Might be an issue with that cat, though, if the sensor is good. You could re-graph, then swap the downstream sensors side to side and see if what looks like a lot of activity by that sensor follows the swap.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

crownvic31

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Can you show us your short- and long-term fuel trims, both banks, at idle and at 2000 rpm?

I will post this data tomorrow. All i was able to grab was the o2 before my autel shut off.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I added an edit to my earlier post.

If you get this before you log off, check the running fuel pressure while you have the scanner on it.

Last edited:

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if it started when you changed the battery cable, maybe it's a bad ground or one left off?

or you got a badly made cable with a bad crimp. could do a voltage drop test across them all while loaded down and see what you get?

OP
OP
C

crownvic31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if it started when you changed the battery cable, maybe it's a bad ground or one left off?

or you got a badly made cable with a bad crimp. could do a voltage drop test across them all while loaded down and see what you get?
The only cable that was replaced was the positive cable.

All of the ground cables were replaced like a year ago.

Cable has been inspected several times. Its an oem part.

OP
OP
C

crownvic31

Full Access Member
Reaction score

EDIT: the downstream bank 2 O2 sensor reading is a bit difficult to read since I can't see the whole graph. But by and of itself that O2 sensor wouldn't be the cause of the rough running. Might be an issue with that cat, though, if the sensor is good. You could re-graph, then swap the downstream sensors side to side and see if what looks like a lot of activity by that sensor follows the swap.
I have the data you asked for. Just never uploaded a video before. How would I do this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn

Latest posts