B2610 Code - SOLVED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dps01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just learning my way around a Tech2 clone that I finally ordered to assist with electrical gremlins on heated seat (still a work in progress).

While working my way thru the menus etc. I came across a Current DTC of B2610; Passenger Compartment Dimming 1 Circuit.

No indication of a problem on the instrument cluster or in operation of lighting except as indicated below..

Couple of questions:
1. On the Tech2 is there a way to determine when the code was set?
2. Can this be due to LED interior lighting upgrade? Trying to avoid re-lamping with incandescent to find out… but will if needed.

Recently installed LED interior lighting. The lights operate correctly when opening doors etc., but after operation of the vehicle for a while, the reading lamps will not come on unless you first use the lighted vanity mirror which still has incandescent bulbs. I assume that has something to do with the retained accessory power circuit? Or something else to do with the low resistance of the LED.

Attachments

• IMG_0077.jpeg
    IMG_0077.jpeg
    229 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_9763.jpeg
    IMG_9763.jpeg
    137.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just learning my way around a Tech2 clone that I finally ordered to assist with electrical gremlins on heated seat (still a work in progress).

While working my way thru the menus etc. I came across a Current DTC of B2610; Passenger Compartment Dimming 1 Circuit.

No indication of a problem on the instrument cluster or in operation of lighting except as indicated below..

Couple of questions:
2. Can this be due to LED interior lighting upgrade? Trying to avoid re-lamping with incandescent to find out… but will if needed.

Recently installed LED interior lighting. The lights operate correctly when opening doors etc., but after operation of the vehicle for a while, the reading lamps will not come on unless you first use the lighted vanity mirror which still has incandescent bulbs. I assume that has something to do with the retained accessory power circuit? Or something else to do with the low resistance of the LED.
I can tell you that I do not get that code on my 07, and I have replaced all incandescent bulbs, inside and outside, with LEDs.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Couple of questions:

It could be related to the LEDs or it could be a functioning but bad bulb or a faulty BCM.

1711511667319.png

OP
OP
dps01

dps01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks. appreciate this.
the attachment gives me something to go on.

OP
OP
dps01

dps01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It could be related to the LEDs or it could be a functioning but bad bulb or a faulty BCM.

View attachment 424764
I believe that I may have found the issue… intermittent backlighting for the fog light switch. Replacement bulbs on order to affix to the circuit board… I am hopeful that is the issue.

Thanks for the assistance.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSpork