Autoride suspension help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Very good info , my 2015 LTZ @ 100,500
never hear the pump run…. Believe it’s both rear shocks and the pump, and one question on the pump is what wire connectors do I.. hot wire just to see if the pump runs…. Good forum here thanks
The relay is under the hood, zip tied to the harness below the master cylinder. I imagine you could jump the load side of the plug.

BobBilly

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Probably a junk compressor. I recommend OEM parts only or delete the system and use quality Bilstein shocks. Suspension is never a place to go cheap, it’ll ruin the entire driving experience of a vehicle.
i have a 2005 with the Z55 suspension. My shocks were rotten and the air pump was shot.
I wanted to keep the great air ride, and it is not difficult to replace.
I goggled for replacement systems, and found a complete system out of Florida for uNader $700.00 whis is far better than OEM and most auto parts prices.

It took about 4 hours to “Plug and Play” replace. I am very happy 3 years later, with my decision to replace.

I have since installed a Long Block from Rockauto and had the transmission rebuilt, replaced my torn drivers seat and headliner. I have a very dependable like new SUV for a total investment of under $5,000. Paid for.

FAR BETTER THAN A NEW SUV for $70,000.00

Rides great

BobBilly

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The relay is under the hood, zip tied to the harness below the master cylinder. I imagine you could jump the load side of the plug.
Just put some weight in the rear and it should come on. If not, check the fuse and replace the pump. It is located on the drivers side behind the rear wheel with a splash shield.

CJF2019

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Probably a junk compressor. I recommend OEM parts only or delete the system and use quality Bilstein shocks. Suspension is never a place to go cheap, it’ll ruin the entire driving experience of a vehicle.
I realize this is a dated conversation, but am very curious about what "deleting the system" entails. What aside from replacing the shocks and removing the compressor needs to be done? Thanks in advance

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you don’t care about the service suspension message then you don’t have to do this but to keep messages away you have to connect resistors in place of the shocks so the module thinks they’re still there. I think you also pull the fuse for the compressor. I think of the exhaust valve has failed in the compressor the service suspension message will still be there unless you replace that.

Badwrench

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Finally rebuilt my rear Z55 suspension to as near OE as I could afford with Arnott Reman/Original Shocks & P3242 Air Compressor.
Ride is solid in just around town driving so far. The compressor kicks on and fills fast but I haven't loaded cargo or towed yet.

Attachments

• Arnott Suspension.jpg
    Arnott Suspension.jpg
    345.2 KB · Views: 8