auto ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dpmc84

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
how the hell can i disable the auto ride in my '04 tahoe 4x4! one idea is to delete it from the computer, any ideas? i want to lower my rig 2/3" and have normal shocks but this auto ride is holding me up! o ya and if it makes a difference already using arrnot/bilstein shock with a rear auto ride retard sensor in it. PLEASE HELP

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe you can adjust and or cut it. Dont know for sure but I think some here have done lowering with autoride. Good luck on your search, tons of info here

THOLL223

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Cut off the plugs that go onto the shock and wire up resistors. Remove the old shock, install new ones.

Then go under the hood to the fuse panel and pull the fuse marked RTD, that will disable the air ride, and fault lights will go away!

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
I don't think you need to wire up resistors if you pull the fuse, just yank the RTD fuse underhood and power cycle the battery a few times and it will be money.

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes...pulling the fuse called "RTD" is how to bypass the air-ride

Step 1 - Disconnect your battery
Step 2 - Pull the RTD fuse
Step 3 - Reconnect your battery
Step 4 - Start truck and make sure no faults are displayed

^--- Thats how I did it without sending faults to my computer ---^

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blizz! Havent seen you in a while, good to see you back

Pachanga02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will taking the fuse work on an 02 xl Denali and only changing the rear shocks? Thanks in advance.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Yes. The front shocks will still work just fine and the service ride control light won't pop up if you pull the fuse as stated. The compressor will stop turning on as well.

Pachanga02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Max I'll try it tomorrow hopefully it'll get rid of that annoying yellow message

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSpork