Auto folding mirror mod - Anyone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDC9966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2007 Suburban LTZ, does anyone know of a module or hack that will auto fold the mirrors when the SUV is turned off at the key, or by the remote?

Seems like I'm always stuck parking in a tight space with the Sub and usually remember to fold the mirrors in at the switch. But thought if there was a module or mod or hack of some kind to relay a signal to that switch to fold them in when the vehicle is turned off, that would be helpful.

It sounds simple but maybe not. I wouldn't want to get into the command center, just a relay of some kind triggered by the vehicle going into park or shutting the engine off that signals the switch to fold them in.

Anyone seen this, know of mod?

Anything is helpful, I"ve searched the forum and google with no luck, maybe I'm not looking in the right place.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I haven't seen it done... but I doubt it could be that difficult.

I would think perhaps a DEI 611T would be able to get the job done.

If I were going to do it I would probably wire it to fold the mirrors in when the doors were locked VS ignition off... but either should work.

kbuskill

Reaction score
It's an option in my DIC on my 2012 denali

Not on my 2008... I just checked... lol

I did find this which shows how to wire them if you don't have power fold from the factory.

rps20180613_100608_234.jpg

Seems like a DEI 611T in place of that rocker switch would probably do it.

Or perhaps..
rps20180613_102948_263.jpg
Now substitute a DEI 528t combined relay/timer for the above relays to give you a timed pulse (about 3 seconds each way).

Last edited:

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wams does alot of cool stuff with ecm and bcm programming even adding features that never existed. however adding a simple relay set in to trigger when they lose power isnt too hard. if you dont feel comfortable doing it yourself a local custom shop (audio or full custom) could handle it with probably a fairly reasonable price.

OP
OP
MDC9966

MDC9966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a good idea, I'll ask. If anyone on here as already done it though, chime in with the parts. I'll be glad to document it and post for the next person.

OP
OP
MDC9966

MDC9966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick question, if i run a jump wired from the lock side of my power door locks to the fold in side of the mirrors, would that work?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
don't think so the nnbs are almost full serial bus commanded, the power fold is controlled by serial command from the bcm, it's going to take a bit of work, going to be much easier to just have it programmed

kbuskill

Reaction score
Quick question, if i run a jump wired from the lock side of my power door locks to the fold in side of the mirrors, would that work?

If you connected a jumper between the wire that sends power to the actuator and the "fold in" wire on the mirror it would start to fold in but would loose power since the actuator doesn't need power for an extended period of time as it is just a quick pulse.

But as @Doubeleive said... everything is controlled by the BCM and it could potentially cause issues.

You still need a time/delay relay to apply power to the mirrors long enough to complete the folding process.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442