Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ajmalian

Reaction score
With regards to off-road ability, what really is the difference between AT4 and Denali?

I know typically it is the bumpers with more ground clearance and the 20” wheels on the AT4....but like the Sierra AT4, which physically has a 2” lift on it compared to the Sierra Denali, and apparently a more off-road ready Ranch suspension, with the Yukons, I’ve not heard of anything else essentially being different. Are the suspension or chassis different? More heavy duty?

My point of questioning is, approach angle, wheel size and engine size aside...is there anything else that is different that makes the ‘21 YUKON AT4 more capable off road than the ‘21 YUKON Denali??

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With regards to off-road ability, what really is the difference between AT4 and Denali?

I know typically it is the bumpers with more ground clearance and the 20” wheels on the AT4....but like the Sierra AT4, which physically has a 2” lift on it compared to the Sierra Denali, and apparently a more off-road ready Ranch suspension, with the Yukons, I’ve not heard of anything else essentially being different. Are the suspension or chassis different? More heavy duty?

My point of questioning is, approach angle, wheel size and engine size aside...is there anything else that is different that makes the ‘21 YUKON AT4 more capable off road than the ‘21 YUKON Denali??

From my understanding, the 6.2 is not available with the at4 package. That is almost a deal killer for me right off the bat. So dumb.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The full air suspension is an option on both trims, however I wouldnt think the denali will have off road oriented system like the at4 does.

JR09country

Reaction score
The full air suspension is an option on both trims, however I wouldnt think the denali will have off road oriented system like the at4 does.
The denali can get the Elsd like the AT4 but you have to get 22" wheels.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The denali can get the Elsd like the AT4 but you have to get 22" wheels.

Yea the rear diff, but does the air suspension function the same, as in raise the vehicle several inches when desired?

OP
OP
A

Ajmalian

Reaction score
So...not that I plan to do it...but in short...if I was to install an AT4 bumper...and put on the AT4 wheels on my Denali...I essentially would then have a fancy AT4??

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont know for sure, but I feel like the suspension is most likely different between the two (air or springs), and there may be some off road drive modes on the at4 that are not available on the denali. Im just not sure...dont know much about the new rigs yet. Also, I wonder if there is a different transfer case altogether for the at4?

JR09country

Reaction score
From what i have read and seen, the suspension is exactly the same and the transfer case is the same as well. The AT4 is basically an appearance package.

OP
OP
A

Ajmalian

Reaction score
From what i have read and seen, the suspension is exactly the same and the transfer case is the same as well. The AT4 is basically an appearance package.

I do feel the same. I say this because nothing was ever mentioned anywhere. Even most of the introductory videos by GM on YouTube from when the trucks were first announced, show the computer generated rendering of the Denali tackling rocks and obstacles when they’re addressing traction and off road ability because of the new suspension set up.