Asking for Opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davidbeaver1

Reaction score
Here is pic of my rig as it sits today. I'm thinking about getting some newer 18" Trail Boss Edition wheel and tire take offs also pictured. My question is this, do you think that would look good on my truck, and second, do you think I should lift it with a 2" or 3" lift? I've only seen one pic of those wheels on a GMT800 and I thought they looked really good. Maybe someone here has some experience with those on a GMT800 and can share that. Let me know your thoughts...

20211022_153506.jpgTires 1.jpgTires 2.jpg

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is pic of my rig as it sits today. I'm thinking about getting some newer 18" Trail Boss Edition wheel and tire take offs also pictured. My question is this, do you think that would look good on my truck, and second, do you think I should lift it with a 2" or 3" lift? I've only seen one pic of those wheels on a GMT800 and I thought they looked really good. Maybe someone here has some experience with those on a GMT800 and can share that. Let me know your thoughts...

View attachment 369164View attachment 369165View attachment 369166

I think those and a ~2" lift would look really nice and totally change the attitude of it. I lifted mine 2" front/1" rear just for the aesthetics to go with some 32" all-terrains. I also had 1.5" hubcentric spacers. They weren't necessary, but the extra width complemented the lift so that it didn't look tall and narrow.

OP
OP
davidbeaver1

davidbeaver1

Reaction score
Those Trail Boss rims are beauties!

That said, I am jealous of the rims you currently have on there. Those are really nice too!
Thanks MassHoe04. They are in great shape, the only thing that bothers me is that they get dark fairly quickly with brake dust. The black rims wouldn't do that so it would look cleaner longer.

OP
OP
davidbeaver1

davidbeaver1

Reaction score
I think those and a ~2" lift would look really nice and totally change the attitude of it. I lifted mine 2" front/1" rear just for the aesthetics to go with some 32" all-terrains. I also had 1.5" hubcentric spacers. They weren't necessary, but the extra width complemented the lift so that it didn't look tall and narrow
I think those and a ~2" lift would look really nice and totally change the attitude of it. I lifted mine 2" front/1" rear just for the aesthetics to go with some 32" all-terrains. I also had 1.5" hubcentric spacers. They weren't necessary, but the extra width complemented the lift so that it didn't look tall and narrow.
I would love to see a pic of your setup. I think 2" would be enough to make it look taller without affecting its drivability and daily function.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks MassHoe04. They are in great shape, the only thing that bothers me is that they get dark fairly quickly with brake dust. The black rims wouldn't do that so it would look cleaner longer.
Light shows dark dirt and black shows all the light dirt. There's no winning.

Some brake pads really cake dust on everything. NAPA Pro-former Premium Ceramic pads seem to keep things clean. Quiet and responsive pads. $42 for the rear pads...

I run mine through the car wash once a week, but in between, I don't see any mess from the NAPA pads.

Not looking to talk you out of the Trail Boss wheels! You really don't need any justification to sell me on those. Just something to consider, before jumping into the expense of another set of wheels/tires.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine's an '08, so different body style and higher stock height. But, I'll post what I have.

Ugh. Dirty iPhone5 lens, foggy weather and dirty Hoe:

img_4234-jpg.jpg

img_4282-jpg.jpg

img_1588-jpg.jpg

These were before I put on the all-terrains. So, lifted on street tires :nono:

OP
OP
davidbeaver1

davidbeaver1

Reaction score
Light shows dark dirt and black shows all the light dirt. There's no winning.

Some brake pads really cake dust on everything. NAPA Pro-former Premium Ceramic pads seem to keep things clean. Quiet and responsive pads. $42 for the rear pads...

I run mine through the car wash once a week, but in between, I don't see any mess from the NAPA pads.

Not looking to talk you out of the Trail Boss wheels! You really don't need any justification to sell me on those. Just something to consider, before jumping into the expense of another set of wheels/tire

Mine's an '08, so different body style and higher stock height. But, I'll post what I have.

Ugh. Dirty iPhone5 lens, foggy weather and dirty Hoe:

View attachment 369256

View attachment 369257

View attachment 369258

These were before I put on the all-terrains. So, lifted on street tires :nono:
Man, that looks great! 2 inches really gives it a good stance...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zeronightwolf