Are my plugs still good?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HACK BLOCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2011 yukon denali 115k trying to determine if I need new plugs. used my tech 2 to check for misfires and after two 35 minutes drives on the highway I came up with just 1 misfire. does this mean my plugs are still working fine or should I still change them regardless because of the mileage.? just trying to make a maintenance list
for the car

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
2011 yukon denali 115k trying to determine if I need new plugs. used my tech 2 to check for misfires and after two 35 minutes drives on the highway I came up with just 1 misfire. does this mean my plugs are still working fine or should I still change them regardless because of the mileage.? just trying to make a maintenance list
for the car

Change them. They recommend new plugs and wires at 100K.

OP
OP
H

HACK BLOCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bought the truck at 105k no history. so don't know if they were changed recently that's why I was trying to use the tech 2 to check them

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And be careful. Use a plug wire removal tool if you’re not replacing wires. 3 or 4 of mine were stuck pretty good. My 07 is all aluminum but not sure about ‘11. If so use anti-seize and go slow.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bought the truck at 105k no history. so don't know if they were changed recently that's why I was trying to use the tech 2 to check them

Pull the #1 and have a look at it. Originals by then were 41-110s. If not sure, change them and the wires anyway. I have zero misfires when watching mine on the Tech-2 and she has new plugs.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
With knowing no history you don't know if the plugs have 115k miles or 15k miles if the previous owner changed them at 100k miles. If the previous owner had changed them recently he/she would have been bragging about it. Do the plugs, wires and air filter if needed. Clean the throttle body and the MAF.

What about all the fluids? Coolant, trans service, brake fluid, differentials and transfer case.