ArcticTwist's 2012 Suburban Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
This forum has been a great help in this process so far! Thanks to everyone who helped out, and a special thanks to @01Konvict for answering a bunch of my questions, and his helpful posts throughout the forum that i found!

Glad you got the kit on. Yes pretty much all instructions suck haha. Mine were far worse than yours. It looks great! Did you route the parking brake on topside of axle? Fabtech makes the best instructions for routing the air shocks. Late info now

OP
OP
arctictwist

arctictwist

Reaction score
Glad you got the kit on. Yes pretty much all instructions suck haha. Mine were far worse than yours. It looks great! Did you route the parking brake on topside of axle? Fabtech makes the best instructions for routing the air shocks. Late info now
I moved one of them over the axle yea. The other didnt seem necessary

OP
OP
arctictwist

arctictwist

Reaction score
Nice I like both on top to clean up axle view from behind

well clearly i wasnt thinking straight at this point in the project! now thatll probably bug for a bit before i end up changing it. lol hey what did you do for a spare? Im trying to figure out my roadside plan now

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
well clearly i wasnt thinking straight at this point in the project! now thatll probably bug for a bit before i end up changing it. lol hey what did you do for a spare? Im trying to figure out my roadside plan now

I removed mine and added 9 gallons of air for my train horns. Tanks have a air chuck for filling tires. I carry a can of fix a flat and plugs. Very doubtful I will grenade a tire if you keep an eye on tire pressures. Been doing this method for years in this Yukon and old one. Never any issues

OP
OP
arctictwist

arctictwist

Reaction score
I removed mine and added 9 gallons of air for my train horns. Tanks have a air chuck for filling tires. I carry a can of fix a flat and plugs. Very doubtful I will grenade a tire if you keep an eye on tire pressures. Been doing this method for years in this Yukon and old one. Never any issues

A portable air compressor and plugs/fix a flat was what i was leaning towards. Already took the spare off while i was doing the lift. Speaking of air pressures, Ive been trying to figure out where to keep them. They came set to 34, drove like crap so i upped them to 38. Seems good. Whats recommended for 35s? theres a max psi on mine but i didnt see a recommended normal.

Chrismnj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A portable air compressor and plugs/fix a flat was what i was leaning towards. Already took the spare off while i was doing the lift. Speaking of air pressures, Ive been trying to figure out where to keep them. They came set to 34, drove like crap so i upped them to 38. Seems good. Whats recommended for 35s? theres a max psi on mine but i didnt see a recommended normal.

I have ARB twin tank air compressor in place of second battery under the hood. Very efficient, it takes about 45-50 seconds to fill up tire from 15 psi to 40psi. Also have a line from compressor to rear firestone air bags with a switch and gauge in the cab.

IMG_0824.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo