Aqua Dipping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phattyford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm sick of looking at the factory wood grain in my LT. I think I'd rather have brushed aluminum or maybe even a carbon fiber look rather than the ugly wood crap. But instead of paying for the expensive pieces from GM, I'm thinking of getting mine aqua dipped. Just wondering if any of y'all have had this done and if I could see some pictures. Not really sure who I'd let do it, maybe somebody local or maybe a company such as http://www.aquatransferprinting.com/ or http://www.aquadip.com.au/index.htm

Last edited:

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NathanJax is the man to ask about this.

OP
OP
P

phattyford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well after looking around for someone local today, there is only one guy that does it and when I finally got in touch with him, he said that he just got everything to start dipping and he's so new that he doesn't even know what to charge. If he doesn't know what to charge, then IMO he surely doesn't know how to dip. I'm not gonna be the guinea pig for this fella. Guess I'll give one of those web sites I posted a call tomorrow.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well after looking around for someone local today, there is only one guy that does it and when I finally got in touch with him, he said that he just got everything to start dipping and he's so new that he doesn't even know what to charge. If he doesn't know what to charge, then IMO he surely doesn't know how to dip. I'm not gonna be the guinea pig for this fella. Guess I'll give one of those web sites I posted a call tomorrow.

I was the guinea pig... You DON'T want to be the guinea pig...

99_Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I just sent some of my interior pieces to a guy down in Florida. He does awesome work and has pictures to prove it.
www.jnlhydrographics.com

When I get them back from him, I will post up some pics

emay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a custom 07 mustang that I did the radio plate and entire center console on. At the time I did this (roughly November 07) American Hydrocarbon was the only place getting into interior mods like this. I'd vouch for them 100 times over, here's a few shots of the pieces out of the car and installed - the finish is perfect - no runs no drips, no anomolies looks like glass:

92d94050.gif

1eadd13e.gif

bad6622f.gif

a1035c56.gif

f1a8f903.gif

722005a2.gif

1cd77b17.gif

gulleyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd vouch for them 100 times over, here's a few shots of the pieces out of the car and installed - the finish is perfect - no runs no drips, no anomalies looks like glass

That looks sick, how much did it cost if you don't mind sharing?

Regency

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's mine just found out it's aqua-dipped as well it's been like that since 08 so it holds up great.
743C14F7-9393-452C-B2CF-502F99357D94-5934-0000057D2DB955F4.jpg
831D8252-5A50-4AD8-9BD4-8BC38C0823ED-5934-0000057D3248391F.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts