Applique removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reyetwinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2020 which I guess has the updated door applique part number. It's rattles when I shut the door. Can anyone give me a hint as to how to remove it without damaging it as it's on there pretty tight. I removed the 2 screws top and bottom but it won't budge. Which direction are you pulling to remove from the front drivers door? I tried sliding it rearward to clear the lip that wraps around the door frame but it won't go. I was thinking of prying it off from the front but I don't want to mess up the rubber there. What am I missing? Thanks.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an older model but any reason you don’t have the dealer fix it? Be careful if you pry.

OP
OP
Reyetwinger

Reyetwinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, they messed up my truck when they delivered it. Scratched it everywhere. I would rather just do it myself and avoid the collateral damage. I am hesitant to just pry that's why I would rather have an idea of where and how to approach removing it properly. So far it won't budge. I don't want to be forcing it the wrong way. I think most people have removed them when they are loose already so that probably makes it easier. Thanks.

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2020 which I guess has the updated door applique part number. It's rattles when I shut the door. Can anyone give me a hint as to how to remove it without damaging it as it's on there pretty tight. I removed the 2 screws top and bottom but it won't budge. Which direction are you pulling to remove from the front drivers door? I tried sliding it rearward to clear the lip that wraps around the door frame but it won't go. I was thinking of prying it off from the front but I don't want to mess up the rubber there. What am I missing? Thanks.
Do you see the irony here? Most people have problems with the applique FALLING OFF! I guess GM fixed that issue.

OP
OP
Reyetwinger

Reyetwinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the front door. That applique has a lip that wraps around the door frame on the inside. Looks like it needs to move rearward to be free of that but it won't budge. On the outside I'm hesitant2.jpg 1.jpg to just pry at its leading edge because there is that weatherstrip there which looks like it would get messed up trying that. If it were looser I could get an idea of how it comes off but it is on there TIGHT.....just not tight enough not to rattle when closing the door lol. I might just have to buy another one and look at the back side to see exactly how it's affixed underneath.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look on Roackauto they and others have excellent diagrams that might show it. Also saw this on GM website

OP
OP
Reyetwinger

Reyetwinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 15-20's have had the part updated a couple of times. I am assuming being mine is a 20 that I have the latest one. I know there is some kind of clip behind it and adhesive. I have seen a couple of threads where people say they have removed them in 5 minutes but I must be dense because mine won't budge without some kind of prying. Like I said earlier I think if the thing is already flapping in the wind it's probably easy and really clear how to get it off....mine is on there really good. Zero movement in any direction even after removing the screws but it still rattles. I'm not even sure if the vertical weatherstrip is attached to it at this point. I'm gonna bust it unless I can find out exactly where to pry on it. Thanks for the video.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts