Anyone wrap their truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yukonfan

Reaction score
I have a yukon that Im thinking about wrapping. Anyone do it? Doesn't look too difficult, but I'd like to hear from anyone who has done it or attempted to do it.

02Yuk

Reaction score
I'm having mine wrapped next month after some bodywork is finished up. I can keep you updated and post pics once it's done.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a yukon that Im thinking about wrapping. Anyone do it? Doesn't look too difficult, but I'd like to hear from anyone who has done it or attempted to do it.

Do you mean paint protection film or vinyl wrap?

And do you mean doing it yourself or having it done?

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
had roof done & also de-chromed most , but not all of the chrome

it was worth having someone do it.

OP
OP
yukonfan

yukonfan

Reaction score
I'm having mine wrapped next month after some bodywork is finished up. I can keep you updated and post pics once it's done.
i plan on doing mine myself. I can get the whole truck painted for less than what a wrap costs. The roll of vinyl is only 400.00 but keep me updated

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
vinyl wrap and DIY, doesnt look that hard just time consuming

Here's my advice to you, go to a junk yard grab random parts like doors and quarter panels and practice for a while.

99% of how a wrap looks is up to the skill of the installer, .1% is the quality of the film. X-acto knives and paint aren't friends. Also it is a huge pita to remove if you get it wrong and it dries with creases, leading to you spending days doing and undoing panels.

I'm not saying you can't do it or that it's super difficult, but I am saying you are underestimating the amount of skill it takes to get it too look correct, and a whole lot of experience to make it look oem.

drdave81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Watch some videos on it too. Getting corners and things like that aren't exactly easy to do. I briefly considered it.......... then decided not to. If you're doing just square panels, sure probably really easy. But there's a lot of odd curves, rounded edges, etc that you may not be considering. Plus if you don't get it pulled tight enough or too tight, you end up with odd looking spots. It always seems easy in your head lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts