Anyone using Eibach rear swaybar with lowering kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Slow5.0

Slow5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didnt use the pre drilled hole because I didnt like where it put the 2nd hole needed for that bracket. It would have landed the 2nd hole right on that recessed cup. My OCD wouldn't allow it.
Its a 4" drop. Thats probably the most you can get while still keeping the autoride. That shock is just too long. I'm thinking of trying an airide shock to see if it would work with the autoride compressor and sensor. I was hoping one of the big airide manufacturers would come up with a replacement, but I guess there isn't enough market.
Im using the DJM shock extenders and control arm relocation brackets. It corrects the pinion angle. The control arms are Curries made for a gm muscle car. The tahoes share the same geometry as the old muscle. Just had to modify the joints.

Whats part # for DJM control arm relocation brackets, i found this but those brackets doesnt looks like yours

1sikryd

Reaction score
Whats part # for DJM control arm relocation brackets, i found this but those brackets doesnt looks like yours
Yes, that's the kit I used. RK2007. It lowers the rear lower control arm by atleast 5", correcting the pinion angle.

Attachments

• 20210816_154502.jpg
    20210816_154502.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 21

1sikryd

Reaction score
Yes, that's the kit I used. RK2007. It lowers the rear lower control arm by atleast 5", correcting the pinion angle.

OP
OP
Slow5.0

Slow5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got RK2007 kit, didnt installed just yet. When you say this kit corrects pinion angle, thats when you dropping rear 3-4" right?

1sikryd

Reaction score
I got RK2007 kit, didnt installed just yet. When you say this kit corrects pinion angle, thats when you dropping rear 3-4" right?
Yes, 3-4". Any more than that and you'll need adjustable control arms. Also, make sure you do the free travel mod or you'll be bottoming out everywhere.

OP
OP
Slow5.0

Slow5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did travel mod. I installed Norcalss 2/4 drop kit. I got rk2007 kit but didnt installed just yet

Staggered 02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a nice setup.

I went with Spohn upper, lower control arms and Panhard bar. Riding Hotchis sway bars in the front and back. No rubbing issues. If I was to change the diff cover, I could see where I may end up interfering. No plans to change that out on the Escalade. I did on the 02. CC, and the Duramax.

OP
OP
Slow5.0

Slow5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed DJM LCA and shock relocation brackets. Stock height vs Belltech lowering kit there is difference 2° in drivrshaft angle. Now im gonna drive it for little bit and see how much driveshaft angle DJM relocation kit fix

Resized_20220604_154544.jpegResized_20220604_154551.jpeg

OP
OP
Slow5.0

Slow5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After short hwy test looks like it rides much softer on patholes vs belltech setup. And dfive shaft angle is 1° off from factory angle, not bad fix for 4" drop in the rear
Also on hard braking clunk from the rear is gone, now i have to figure out clunk noise from both front sides when is wet outside. Must be darn ball joints

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts