Anyone using Eibach rear swaybar with lowering kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slow5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im doing Norcalss 2/4 drop on my 16 Denali. I moved swaybar to the right and using DJM endlinks. Oem swaybar is very close to right side air shock, but its not touching it. So question is did anyone try installing Eibach rear swaybar on autoride with 4" drip on the back and does it touching air shock
Oem rear swaybar is 28mm, Eibach is 32mm

1sikryd

Reaction score
I ran into the same issue on my '19. You will need a shorter or adjustable panhard bar.tahoe rear.jpg

OP
OP
Slow5.0

Slow5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do have Spohn adjustable panhard bar, and i see that you have different brand and shape of panhard bar, but hows clearance between Eibach swaybar and right air shock ??
Also where did you get those emergency cable clamps that goes on your panhard bar ??

OP
OP
Slow5.0

Slow5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im gonna have a lot of questions for you if you dont mind.
I see that you moved driver side swaybar bracket only 1" to the right, you didnt go to 2" to the right to that pre drilled hole, any reason for that ?
What drop do you have on the back, 4'+ ?
What shock extensions and lower control arms are you using ?
Thanks

Last edited:

1sikryd

Reaction score
I do have Spohn adjustable panhard bar, and i see that you have different brand and shape of panhard bar, but hows clearance between Eibach swaybar and right air shock ??
Also where did you get those emergency cable clamps that goes on your panhard bar ??
I installed the curved Spohn panhard in order to clear the diff cover. I've got 1/4" to 3/8" clearance between the swaybar and shock. I could probably get another1/4" by adjusting the panhard. I made the cable clamps by attaching a brake line clamp to a collar clamp. I also milled some billet clamps but haven't had time to install them.

Attachments

• IMG_3159.jpg
    IMG_3159.jpg
    574.7 KB · Views: 3

1sikryd

Reaction score
Im gonna have a lot of questions for you if you dont mind.
I see that you moved driver side swaybar bracket only 1" to the right, you didnt go to 2" to the right to that pre drilled hole, any reason for that ?
What drop do you have on the back, 4'+ ?
What shock extensions and lower control arms are you using ?
Thanks
I didnt use the pre drilled hole because I didnt like where it put the 2nd hole needed for that bracket. It would have landed the 2nd hole right on that recessed cup. My OCD wouldn't allow it.
Its a 4" drop. Thats probably the most you can get while still keeping the autoride. That shock is just too long. I'm thinking of trying an airide shock to see if it would work with the autoride compressor and sensor. I was hoping one of the big airide manufacturers would come up with a replacement, but I guess there isn't enough market.
Im using the DJM shock extenders and control arm relocation brackets. It corrects the pinion angle. The control arms are Curries made for a gm muscle car. The tahoes share the same geometry as the old muscle. Just had to modify the joints.

Attachments

• 20190218_131255.jpg
    20190218_131255.jpg
    318 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
OP
OP
Slow5.0

Slow5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i did Norcallss 2/4 drop and Spohn panhard bar. With stock rear swaybar right rear shock wasnt hitting swaybar on Spohn pre set length, than installed Eibach swaybars and on same Panhard settings i got more clearance between swaybar and right shock. Nice. Looks like rear Eibach swaybar have slight bent inward at ends. This way more clearance. Just dropped Denali for the alignment, it was toe in badly with 2" drop spindles

Last edited: