Anyone recognize this greasable ball joint company's logo?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JasonPAtkins

Reaction score
I found decaying rubber boots on the upper ball joint and tie rod end. Both of the ball joints have grease zerks, so I assume they aren't OEM (it's a 2011). I like the idea of keeping these greasable parts (especially since GM doesn't sell an upper ball joint, only the whole $200 upper control arm). The ball joints aren't worn, I think the boot deterioration was recent. So, if I could figure out where to source new rubber boots, I think I could just replace those and be on my merry way.

I don't know who made them though! The upper doesn't have a logo, but the TRE one is pictured here:
uilRLAWiLSLD9AERovGV-I4xtniM5Vyi9N0=w1100-h1466-no.jpg

Any idea who made this? Or really what I'm asking is, where can I get a good quality boot replacement? Maybe it doesn't even need to be from whichever company made the joint - though I'd prefer to get the right one from the original maker, if I can figure out who that is.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you can get polyurethane boots from Energy Suspension or Prothane or something like that.

I've seen that logo plenty of times but can't think of the brand. I'm gonna keep digging cuz it's bothering me now.

OP
OP
J

JasonPAtkins

Reaction score
It looks like energy suspension makes replacement just by measuring the ID and OD (at least for the TRE, not sure about the ball joint).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401