Anyone lowered on factory Yukon 20's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wambliokiye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! I appreciate it. Now I need to figure out how to squeeze my ass under it! Did you do it ? Or take it to the shop?

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Nice! I appreciate it. Now I need to figure out how to squeeze my ass under it! Did you do it ? Or take it to the shop?

I did it... not to bad... easiest way is probably jack it up and remove the wheel and go through wheel well.

Or crawl underneath and reach way up by the top of the shocks.

Graystone_OG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can lower and keep the auto level air ride functional. Just depends on how low you want to go. My Burb is 4/6 and my auto leveling still works. I just used shorter air shocks out back and resistors to keep lights off on dash.

Also on factory 20's...
View attachment 198457

Curious, which shorter air shocks did you use? Do you also have 4wd or no?

kbuskill

Reaction score
Curious, which shorter air shocks did you use? Do you also have 4wd or no?

2wd

Monroe MA704

They have the same dimensions as the Belltech Street Performance drop shocks that come in the 4/6 kit.

They are for the back end of a '64 Lincoln Continental so the weight rating is about the same as my Burb.

Graystone_OG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2wd

Monroe MA704

They have the same dimensions as the Belltech Street Performance drop shocks that come in the 4/6 kit.

They are for the back end of a '64 Lincoln Continental so the weight rating is about the same as my Burb.

That's good to know. Just curious again on how you figured that out lol? I'm assuming they hook right up to the autoride compressor or no?

On RockAuto I saw a very similar shock Monroe MA830. Wonder if it's the same shock.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

kbuskill

Reaction score
That's good to know. Just curious again on how you figured that out lol? I'm assuming they hook right up to the autoride compressor or no?

On RockAuto I saw a very similar shock Monroe MA830. Wonder if it's the same shock.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

The 830s are not the same...

I did a lot of digging and researching the extended length, retracted length, eyelet size top and bottom of the Street Performance drop shocks and then comparing those measurements to the Monroe spec sheets.

The auto level air lines are the same size as the Monroes... just the Monroes don't have the same quick disconnect fittings. You just remove the QDs and stick the hose through the plastic nut that comes with the Monroes and stick 2 O-rings on it and screw them into the new shocks... easy peasy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094