Anyone lifted with kids car seats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rayfinkle5

Reaction score
I want to change the look of a stock 02 Tahoe. While my preference would be a 6" lift and some 35's I have to remind myself the vehicle will be used as a secondary family hauler. So, I am wondering if lifting the Tahoe, even a little bit, will ruin all of its functionality as a family vehicle? My wife will also be driving the rig with the kids (3) on occasion and I need to consider what would be too extreme for her as well.

We've got one in a booster, one in a toddler convertible and one in an infant seat. The one thing I do know is I'm not at all a fan of the stock 16's! If at the end of the day the recommendation is to keep the stock height I think even "upgrading" to OEM 17's, 18's or even 20's will be a big improvement.

Thanks!

chicksdigit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get some amp power steps, had them on my H2 with a 6" lift. I'm lifting my tahoe right now and the amp steps were one of my first purchases since I have 2 children one booster and car seat.

OP
OP
R

rayfinkle5

Reaction score
Get some amp power steps, had them on my H2 with a 6" lift. I'm lifting my tahoe right now and the amp steps were one of my first purchases since I have 2 children one booster and car seat.

Those look great but would create another issue for me... $$$.

Red_Raider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't really had a problem with mine, but I only have 1 kiddo in an infant seat. The other thing is I'm also 6'5".

david76008

Reaction score
I'm only 5'5, and got a 3 inch lift, and can tell you it's perfect for me getting them in and out. For them, jumping in and out is half the fun.

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
My wife's is lifted on 35's and we have a 1 Year old and a two year old and a 9 year old Now keep in mind my wife is 5'2" with thick sneakers on. We also use it for shopping and Costco runs!image.jpg

OP
OP
R

rayfinkle5

Reaction score
I haven't really had a problem with mine, but I only have 1 kiddo in an infant seat. The other thing is I'm also 6'5".

Nice truck! We like putting our infant seat in the middle of the 2nd row. Wondering if even a slight lift (3") will make the reach too much.

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

I'm only 5'5, and got a 3 inch lift, and can tell you it's perfect for me getting them in and out. For them, jumping in and out is half the fun.

Keys and spacers? If so, which ones? Satisfied?

david76008

Reaction score
Nice truck! We like putting our infant seat in the middle of the 2nd row. Wondering if even a slight lift (3") will make the reach too much.

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Keys and spacers? If so, which ones? Satisfied?

Got everything off Ebay. Forged keys from spindle source. And rear spacers from offroadjeff.

The ride at first was stiff, and harsh. I added shock ext up front and made the ride a bit better. I'm in the process of adding shocks for the rear but should be a smooth ride after. Can't beat it for the $60 in parts + shocks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo