Anyone lifted with kids car seats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisreed822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think as long as you keep the running boards on, it shouldn't be an issue. I have a 10 year old and a 3 year old. My 10 year old has to climb to get in but its not to bad, she would prefer the running boards go back on. I keep my 3 year old on the driver side and for me its much easier to put her in her car seat.

OP
OP
R

rayfinkle5

Reaction score
I think as long as you keep the running boards on, it shouldn't be an issue. I have a 10 year old and a 3 year old. My 10 year old has to climb to get in but its not to bad, she would prefer the running boards go back on. I keep my 3 year old on the driver side and for me its much easier to put her in her car seat.

The biggest issue is our littlest one who is 9 months. We prefer her in the middle and have to reach across to get her seat on and off the base. I don't want to make it too much of a pain.

chrisreed822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The biggest issue is our littlest one who is 9 months. We prefer her in the middle and have to reach across to get her seat on and off the base. I don't want to make it too much of a pain.

Ok with that, I understand!! If I were you, I'd wait till she's in a forward facing seat. Then the skies the limit!!!

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
Ok with that, I understand!! If I were you, I'd wait till she's in a forward facing seat. Then the skies the limit!!!

I had the same dilemma and also waited till both our younger two were forward facing we also have a 9 yr old and she has no issues mad we are running 35X12.50R20's ! And 5.5" lift

77DLOVE77

Reaction score
I'm 5'10" , my fiancé is 5'2" and we have 3 kids youngest being 3 in a car seat. I took off my running boards and I'm lifted 9" on 35s and we don't have a problem getting the little one in and out. The older kids love jumping up to get in.. Soo Dooo it!!! ;)

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well op I guess you have your answer lol. I have a 1 year old, 2 year old, and a third due in November and have a 4" up front and 3" in the rear leveling kit with 33's and it doesn't bother me at all (I'm 6'1). Future purchase will definitely be amp steps once I have the ~$1200 to spare on frickin' running boards!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JVega