Anyone have a 95 a/c dash controller with rear defrost laying around?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
Got the FrankenBetty all back together and of course, it's a ONE YEAR ONLY BS thing for the a/c dash controller and the a/c doesn't work again. System is completely brand new. Never cracked open after we installed it. We can jump the low pressure switch and get the compressor to kick on. It ran a month ago but I think we put the controller back in, the tabs are just crumbling on the back and won't hold any connectors on. I think I'll roll her in the street and get the el sparko ready to roll LOL

OP
OP
dkknaebel

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
Wrong one. I need 1572267, it is a one year only. There is a harness that you can get that converts 96+ to make it work and comes with that part number. The RPO codes say G80 but when my rear brakes were redone, they were the bigger ones, the 11 inch not 10 inch so I'm assuming at some point, they put a junkyard rearend in my truck. I am not cracking open that thing until I absolutely have to. The brakes that worked are for RPO G90

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
OP
OP
dkknaebel

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
Thanks for the help @PNW VietVet. I have the harness to run a 96+. It's in my stockpile. Forgot I had it. But it's not exactly the controller that would be my problem. I think this might have something to do with it. And I even bought AC DELCO. Oh and when I went to warranty exchange it through RA, the last question asked if my part matched the yellow highlighted description. Well it's out of stock so there was no yellow. I clicked no and It shut me out and said not eligible. Can't call about it. Sent an email so here's hoping. Anyone got a recommendation on a/m compressors???

:emotions122::emotions122::emotions122::flipthebird: F it, I'm drinking.

20200423_165801.jpg

OP
OP
dkknaebel

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
Well RA was of no help really. If you are buying parts there, aren't you generally working on your own vehicle? They won't warranty my ac delco compressor unless I provide an invoice for a professional doing the flush and evacuate. We replaced the whole system. What a bunch of crap! Oh well, what's another $200 down the drain? just a drop in the bucket where the JYH (Junkyard Hoe) is concerned LOL Gotta laugh, right?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
In these times, laughing at ANYTHING helps. Especially working on a 25 year old Tahoe. I would be right there with ya if I can find a 1996 2 door white Tahoe, like I had when I moved here 25 years ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh